DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I Toups said Mobster. Brady has been a mess since the Arianna stuff ended and he's just been wandering all over canvas IMO with no story. But Toups is right. Since when did Brady and his family become mobsters? Did I miss that? Isn't Titan a legit business or sort of legit?

• Members

Oh my bad! I definetly read that wrong. But havent they implied that the Kiriakis and Dimeras are mobsters? Brody has been in the thick of things for quite some time and its definetly the impression I got from Victor. The writing makes it as if he and Stefano are different sides of the same coin

• Members

*shrugs I guess. I always thought the Kiriakis's were shady business people and the Dimeras were tied to the mob in some fashion but maybe thats just me. BUt then when have the Dimeras been shown to be mobsters just evil wacked out villians. I mean its not like GH where you clearly have mob families we know are in the mob which is why this whole "mob" storyline on Days has not made a lick of sense to me. There hasn't been any foundation really established for it. Typical Higley I guess.

• Members

I think TB is incredibly overrated, she's not playing the character as the show is writing her shes playing Carly without the Carly like writing to support it, sanctimonious and judgemental was and is Carly, but then it flip flops and look at all the failed characters under Dena Higley. I love Lindsey Hartley - adore her - and I think casting her as Arianna was a mistake too. She was another dud of a character. Probably not as hated as TB's Taylor but then she wasn;t overexposed like Taylor is either. And she and Eric didn't have anywhere near the chemistry they had on Passions together. BUt then these shows never learn trying to repair actor on other shows NEVER works ever.

• Administrator

Brady has been messed up for a long time, but he never crossed that line into mobster territory until this week when he ordered the hit. I believe Titan Industries is legit - at least that's what I remember from Reilly 1.0.

Stefano and Victor do have mob backgrounds but this whole mob vs mob thing is so much like GH. It doesn't belong on DAYS.

Exactly.

Dena doesn't know how to write interesting characters. So many characters have failed.

Agreed. I thought LH was wasted on a poor character.

• Members

<p>With all this mob stuff, and family wars, are they trying to be GH (like the mob has done favours for that show)?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I'm an unabashed Magic fan, but seriously…. could you put MORE cliches into a one week story? Wrong person hit by a stray bullet, dead on the table, saved at the last minute, surviving on life support never to be whole again, death seconds away before miraculous resurrection, saved by love's sweet kiss, victim wakes up with NO time/space distortion in their memory as they ask for world peace. I mean seriously….. my 13 year old daughter is more creative than this in her fiction writing.</p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>

• Administrator

And Chad was shot in the arm! LOL There was a scene on Passions where I think someone was having a heart attack or something and Ethan and Fox ripped off their shirts for absolutely no reason. :lol:

And the scene before that, Dimitri said, "That's Sonny Kiriakis." He was probably like, "Well, it's just Victor's grand-nephew....I'll take the chance!"

• Members

Plus, we're supposed to buy into the seriousness of Maggie being taken off life-support, but it's just Hope and Victor walking in and out of that room, crying. I know Hope said she called Melissa, but if they were really taking Maggie off life support, wouldn't they wait for Melissa, Sarah, and Nathan to fly in, if at all possible? Wouldn't they wait until Jen and Abby schlepped over from the pub? Wouldn't somebody call Melanie? Hope couldn't even wait for Bo to get there? For someone as beloved as Maggie allegedly is, she sure had a shitty turnout at her deathbed.

Great Vivian/Quinn scenes, though. Lots of good work all around, actually, but it's being bogged down by such sloppy and unfocused writing.

And now the entire DiMera/Brady feud is Nicole's fault?!

Anyone feel like they're going for the, uh, hardcore Otalia demographic by dressing Carly in that men's shirt and ponytail? wink.png

Archived