DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed. There's nothing wrong with them -- the actors are doing pretty good work, the interactions make sense, etc. -- but maybe that's the problem. There's absolutely nothing grand or intriguing about this pairing, at least as it stands. Same goes for Will and Gabi. They seem like level-headed kids, they're sweet together, they make a nice couple. If I knew them in real life, that'd be great. But it's not particularly entertaining or memorable. I certainly don't feel a sense of great longing in either situation.

• Members

I think this is the problem with couples today. I see so many people saying how this couple is not realistic and that couple isn't blah blah well who wants realism on a soap opera. I can go out to my local restaurant and watch realistic young couples having meals and such. I think Chad and Abby had potential with the whole Dimera/Horton conflict but that was so played down They could have had CHad wrestling with his demons so to speak and Abby staying away from him because of his origin and had some push pull there but aside from their initial meeting, there was no conflict. Its all been perfectly nice and pretty but not compelling. I like the actors together a lot but I am not sure there is any way to reset this relationship at this point but the new writers can figure that one out. I think Will and GAbi are coma inducing and I like the actor who plays Will a lot.

• Members

Haven't seen today's episodes yet but just read on the days45online Twitter that the rewrites actually don't start until August 26th, not the 19th. Guess that tweet by Marlene (Wrapping up old storylines air 8/19.) was a little off.

Happy to hear that because I was beginning to get worried after stumbling across a disturbing spoiler for the 19th, that's hopefully rewritten by the 26th! ;-)

• Administrator

Damn. Carly came out of hiding and will now go to rehab. Hopefully I can get a few more Carly/Quinn scenes in the near future. Their scenes were once again the highlight of the show.

I didn't like how Brady went over the edge by calling a hit on the Dimera's. He was always on the edge (ie. beating the crap out of EJ who deserved it), so him calling a hit felt wrong to me.

Boooooo!!!!!! I was looking forward to Friday. Now we have to wait 2 more weeks. sad.png

• Members
Gotta love the convenience of this coming out just days before the re-writes were set to begin. Really now? For this reason alone I have a tendency not to believe it. Clearly there are people out there who get off on bamboozling the audience about storylines and all of the ifs and whens that go along with them.

• Members

I had to appreciate EJ and Sonny ripping off Chad's shirt while tending to him post-gunshot.

Also, Dimitri is an even bigger idiot than Marco. He shot at Chad while Chad was standing incredibly close to someone from the family that employs Dimitri?!

• Members

Taylor when talking about the shooting: "It could have been me. It could have been me!" If only!

OMG, how sanctimonious was she calling Nciiole sick and insinuating how stupid she was for not beleiving that Brady was behind this. Pot calling kettle black? She thinks now bc she knows the truth about EJ, she has a backbone and can start calling people out on the same behavior? Can they rewrite it as her being dead on the 26th?

Taylor: "You know whats not fair? How I fell in love with your husband and didnt even know who he was and once I did, I didnt walk away and chalked it up to bad luck..." Is she kidding me?

The last 2 segments with Carly, Quinn and Vivian were so good. Its a shame that this story wont be sticking around bc Im seeing the potential others do

• Members

I seriously think the writers are setting Taylor up to be some kind of mentally ill whore. "I could be bad, too, EJ!!!" She is completely off her rocker. I loved her telling Brady and Nicole, "I'm done!" because it was completely ridiculous.

• Members

DH: So you think you guys can bash me on the boards and get away with that? *evil laugh* I think not. *writes manically* Behold, my finest masterpiece. A Taylor-Made hot mess. *tears up* It's like looking in a mirror.

• Members

HIgley is the one allegedly who wanted TB in the role. Probably because she can't write a good heroine to save her life. Look at what she's done to Jennifer and Hope. Well she can't write a good villian either(see EJ and Stefano). Actually she can't write anything. Problem is I have no idea what or who this incarnation of Taylor is supposed to be. In the end likely psychotic which fits with the actress and some of the WTF'ery over the past couple of months and flip flopping. A fitting end.

I really hope Nadia/Chloe gets a decent exit. Hopefully she commits to reforming and goes to Chicago to be close to Parker.

Archived