DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Members

Man i love EJ and Nicole but I dislike that she's being so cordial and civil with him. I wish she was actively hating him a bit more.

They played it up to the actor's strengths and he isnt a good actor. Im glad they didnt dwell on Dario bc like you said, I definetly dont care

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm a little behind on Days at the moment, and just finished the episode that ended with Carly dumpster diving. As much as the storyline itself is horrible, the acting that Crystal and Missy have displayed is definitely amazing, and Crystal has her surefire Emmy reels for next year.

The scenes with Missy, Crystal and Shawn were very impressive and I was really invested in them...until Miss Burnett entered all over dramatic and annoying. I'm sure she is a nice person in real life, but in the game of powerhouse acting, she is always going to be warming the bench, hoping to be picked by the coach.

She just cannot hold a candle to most of the talent currently on the canvas, IMO.

Other than that, Days is gray to me right now. Not horrible, not great...but watchable. Is it September yet?

• Members

This is unpopular opinion I'm sure, but I honestly don't think that Will is gay, despite what's been said along with all the speculation. This kid named T continues to stand out to me. When Will was arguing with him about Sonny, he referred to T and himself as two "macho straight guys" and T had this uncomfortable look on his face as if he knew that Will was wrong in referring to him as straight. Of course, we also saw the innuendo of Will wanting to be with Gabi after Sonny said she was hot and Kinsey asking Gabi what's wrong with Will for not sleeping with her, but I still think all of that is a red herring, I really do. T is going to be gay, I think. I certainly don't think they are going to "out" both Will and T.

• Members

I can see T being gay in the end because I've seen closeted guys lash out at openly gay guys for their confidence and ease in being open about their homosexuality. I've definitely experienced harrassment personally for that very reason.

I do think that WIll is gay too, though. I'd be interesting if Sonny, Will AND T were all gay, which each person showing different types of gays: out and proud, ashamed of himself, and total denial.

• Members

I get the feeling that Will may not actually be gay too. But lordy, why make "T" gay? He's got no family ties... oh wait, is he another DiMera offspring too?

It's no wonder DAYS' ratings haven't rebounded from all the good news hoopla. They're still focusing on people that we all know will be gone in a couple months. Why bother?

Bring on September 26th!

• Members

I also feel like Will had more of an epiphany so to speak, rather than an issue with his sexuality. I'm talking about when Sonny told him that Gabi was hot. I mean, it took a gay guy to remind Will what a hot girl he has. Will had to respond by doing something. LOL. Again, I don't think Will is gay. Perhaps deep down he could be afraid that he might be because he's never slept with Gabi, but he'll find that he actually is not!

• Members

I doubt they would make T be gay due to the overall importance of the character on the show. However, I wouldn't be surprised if, as Will comes to terms with his own sexuality, he pops in to bash him and make trouble. He'd be like any typical 'jock" who lives to make life miserable for everyone around them to make up for the sad, gaping hole in his own life.

I don't think he'd go as far as the bully in, say, QAF (Queer as Folk) and almost kill Will, but I could see him beating him up. Honestly, look at the way he freaked out when he found out someone he didn't really know was gay. Can you imagine how off the handle he would become to learn his best friend, who he's known for a long time, turns out to be gay too?

I dunno, this story is still in such early stages of development, and it's pretty obvious that they are biding their time until the new writing regime's work starts to air before any huge reveals/steps forward, so it's hard to really predict where this one is going. It's anyone's guess at this point...

Archived