• Members

It will be interesting to see who will be returning with a slashed budget and slashed salaries. A paycheck is a paycheck might be the saying for some but for other actors they might snob their noses at webisodes. Many of the actors who commanded larger salaries most likely wont be returning.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I see Cam continuing on, but I don't see Budig doing a web-soap. My guess is she tries her hand in prime-time again or lands on GH for its final year. She won't betray her god in Brian Scott Frons.

• Members

More than anything I'm just glad someone out there with some influence still likes the idea of a serial drama and of scripted work. In some ways I don't even ever want to move on from this, as it's such a nice reinforcement for me that the soap form can survive. I don't want to wake up.

• Members

Just got out of my final undergrad exam ever and got this news?! AMAZING! I'm so thrilled people still have faith in our shows. I hope key cast members can make the move and they recast some that aren't as iconic but whose characters are important to the canvases.

• Members

Here's to hoping the production stays in LA. Or, I'm not going to watch the bloody farking Rylee hour...Cause, Tad's the only reason I've watched since I started watching! Seriously. I got hooked on that show cause of a scene between him Adam and Krystal.

OLTL. Will totally watch. No circumstances. Just hoping HBS and RSW stay on.

• Members

Like some others, I'm extremely skeptical that the resulting online series will be anywhere close to the current shows in quality and budget and cast size. The press release may say they'll keep the same production values and length and cast, but I don't see that happening (Debbie Morgan is already set to go to Y&R). I said a while ago that if the shows went to a cable network, the budget would have to be slashed substantially and many of the cast would not follow, and the shows would be shells of their former selves. I think it's going to be even more so as an online show. They haven't even finalized their funding yet. The cast is no longer under contract come September and I don't see most of them going to a smaller funded online show, especially for an hour show (maybe a cameo on a 15 minute show). And the current production staff and writers are likely under contract to ABC, so I don't see ABC allowing them to work for the online versions. The audience will probably be cut in half, if not more.

And I have a hard enough time sitting to watch an occasional video on Netflix (streaming) or PBS' website; I don't see myself tuning in daily for an online soap, especially if there's a fee involved.

Archived