• Members

I'm glad the soaps will continue in some fashion. Doubt I will watch though. If there is a vast dropoff in production quality due to budget constraints, I won't be able to lose myself in the stories no matter how well they're written. It would be like watching scripted 'reality' television.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Erika has said that for her career after OLTL, her husband even offered to move to California, so I could see her relocating if they ask her. I just hope they do. She's a legend but beyond that she is such a strong and charismatic actress and there's no reason why Viki can't keep moving forward.

• Members

I wouldn't think ATWT had to "buy the rights" to those AW characters that crossed over, since both soaps were owned by Proctor & Gamble Productions.

Prospect Park is simply licensing AMC and OLTL from ABC and should have access to any and all characters associated with the soaps. ABC will retain ownership, so the network will continue to make money and continue to have a financial stake in their success.

• Members

I've seen websoaps that don't look that much different. The days of beautiful soaps are long gone anyway. OLTL still looks good in terms of sets and AMC has some nice outdoor footage but no amount of that has made it easier for me to get past atrocities like Greenlee or the Fords.

• Members

Why would Agnes screw fans over with the finale? She has always said the finale would have some cliffhangers. This has probably been talked over for a while. If anything this could make the finale better, as it will be a mix of saying goodbye and moving forward.

• Members

I don't think Agnes will "screw us over". I think, hopefully, by then it will be established who will continue online and who wants out. So she'll give some closure to the people who are done, and for those who are continuing, she'll leave it as some sort of cliff hanger...And attempt to encourage viewers to follow the show online.

• Members

I think it will. AFTRA did NOT want to lose B&B when there was talk of them going SAG, and if they can hold on to AMC and One Life as they transition to online, I think they will do everything they can to do so.

Amazing that this Oprah episode should re-air today...

• Members

LOL! People keep telling me that as if that's going to make me change my mind. I LOVE the Hubbards but they aren't the only soap characters I've ever had any attachment to. Angie and Jesse were off AMC for 20 years. I still watched.

I wanted a new soap and it looks like I'm going to get it. I haven't felt this hopeful about these shows in years.

ETA: The fact that TV Guide kicked Nelson Branco to the curb before this news came out makes me believe in a just, kind and loving God.

Archived