• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/

Numerous questions remain unanswered: Will the soaps continue to air daily? When will the new site launch? Will the episodes be free to watch, or will it be a subscription service? One AMC actor, who spoke to In Depth on the condition of anonymity, seems skeptical on exactly how things will work out, even with Prospect Park promising to deliver the programs with the same quality and in the same length and format, per the agreement with ABC. "My personal thought, it won't be the same show," says the setsider. "There's no way they can afford to produce the show like we currently do and make any money from it online. Even Susan Lucci's (Erica) pay for one episode is more than an online show could generate. I'm guessing the whole thing would be low-budget and different. It's just too expensive!"

Prospect Park will essentially have to start from scratch, says the source, since the cast is all released from their contracts as of September, and aren't automatically going along with the licensing deal. "None of the actors' contracts will carry over, and it's not likely that many will sign on to do a Web series, which will no doubt be unable to pay the same salaries as ABC. It's great that someone is ready to invest in keeping serial programming alive on the Internet, but I don't think people should expect that the same show we know, as it exists today, will seamlessly carry over into this new format. Hopefully some exciting new stories will carry on. But let's not assume that we are 'saved.'"

• Members

I'm trying to be, this is the same company who is part of Royal Pains on USA who hires alot of soap actor's and I think they'd want to be in New York, so if it moves back I hope TK & AM stay, but it won't be the same, so honestly I have no interest in watching and without LaLucci, it's Not All My Children

• Members

AHH! Be positive. :D Everyone thought AMC/OLTL were not going to be saved. Look what happened. But what Agnes was saying made my day :D So glad that Agnes NEVER gave up hope and she was right!

Strong woman at such a old age! GO AGNES!

Archived