• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

These shows have been a mess for years and years...if this does end badly, then at least we know there was one last attempt. It would be one thing if this were Gordon Russell-era OLTL or the best of Rauch/O'Shea or Gottlieb/Malone/Griffith, or Agnes and Washam at AMC, but they're both, in a lot of ways, limping to the end. At worst, it's just a final goodbye, a failed experiment. At best it could revolutionize the format and the shows.

I think both shows could lose a lot of their cast and be fine.

I'm more concerned about the writing and casting for them when they hit the web. If this is ANOTHER "we'll make it up as we go along" production then they may as well not bother.

• Members

True, but not everyone thinks of that ;)

So this is a licensing deal, that ABC will still retain ownership if it tanks by PP? Pretty smart of them. We might still get ABC interference

Another thing, this could still fall through, what if PP can't get the backers they need for this?

• Members

The Rex character is kind of played out as it is, anyway. If we keep our vets and keep the less annoying newbies for a new generation (i.e. AMC's Maya and OLTL's...Bueller?), they could ditch the middle slew who are sort of vets but who aren't universally liked or even talented.

Archived