• Members

ABC Soaps In Depth Official PageInteresting.... we called Prospect Park to request an interview with the execs over there about this whole thing, and their response is that they aren't answering any questions, and have nothing to say beyond the press release at this time. Hmm....

Clear Drama, SID says the quote is from "one AMC actor"

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He adds more to that AllMyDays

soapsindepthabc Soaps In Depth ABC

Hmmm. The folks at Prospect Park just called. They aren't answering any questions, have nothing to say beyond press release right now.

I'm feeling very Indiana Jones right now. "I've got a bad feelin' about this." Hope I'm wrong!

I'm not sure how you make a MAJOR move like this and then have BOTH ABC and PP say "Yeah, we're not gonna answer questions."

• Members

I have to say, I would be ONE HUNDRED PERCENT fine with a much lower budget and smaller cast. A hundred percent fine with that. As long as they put TONS of careful thought into how they get from where they are now to where they end up. There's no possible way for them to have the same budget...how could they keep the same budget while reaching a smaller audience? I don't see it.

I will also say this...10 minute episodes, once every other week? They can keep that sh!t.

• Members

One key difference, however, between the GL situation and this current scenario is that in GL's case, it aired concurrently on radio and television for four years (to help viewers make the transition). Obviously, AMC and OLTL will not be broadcast concurrently on ABC television and Prospect Park's website, so viewers will not have any time to adjust.

• Members

I still wish someone would consider 15 minute episodes. These could be devoted to intense moments between a handful of characters, like the soaps did in the old days, back when someone gave a damn. Just go watch some of the old Love of Life or Search for Tomorrow or Guiding Light episodes - some of them are fantastic. GL was 15 minutes for almost 20 years - if you go look for some of the stuff from around 1966, it's firing on all cylinders.

True, but it's been airing online for a number of years.

• Members

OLTL Facebook Page (similar message on the AMC page): Wonderful news One Life fans! ABC has licensed both OLTL and AMC to Prospect Park, a media and production company, which will allow for the stories of Llanview and Pine Valley to continue after the finales. Get all the details at abc.com!

Today's new really puts a new prospective on those "What If?" wepisodes btw....

• Members

Susan Lucci makes what 500,000 dollars a year, right? I know back in the day she made a million dollars but I know that she had to several pay cuts. I wonder what they will be offering the actors in this new venture. I think that they will have to cut a couple of the salaries of the returning actors. I doubt that they will have a 30 person cast, I say it down to 15 core cast members with the rest being recurring.

Archived