DAYS: July Discussion Thread

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ari Zucker is a damn BOSS. I love Tams, but Zucker is one of my DAYS goddesses from 03-04ish.

Adrienne and Justin with Maggie was awesome. Victor's reaction is pretty interesting, and I'm SO glad they didn't go all the way in either direction in regards to acceptance/rejection. FS and JA are working very well together.

I didn't realize how much I miss DAYS sets. They have more color/flavor than AMC's have had in a long ass time.

• Members

Sonny to Victor: You feel sorry for me....When you were my age ...gays and lesbians were all in the closet or friends of Dorothy.:lol: Has one of Days writers been visiting SON?

Hmmm..Carolyn Culliton wrote the script and Ugh...Chris Goutman directed it.

Interesting on AMC and ATWT he was known as Christopher and here he is Chris.

• Members

Adrienne's story about how Sonny had the cowboy curtains with the two cowboys together made me LOL a little bit but it was cute & I think it worked! I thought this was handled very well. Sonny/Victor scenes were really intriguing, well done DAYS.

Loved the dynamic between Chad, Kate, & Lexie earlier in the show. Love how Kate wants the DiMera's to stick together no matter what! Tomorrow's EJ/Chad scenes look really good..

• Members

Yeah! It was nice to see some "DiMera family" stuff. Really great.

I must say, I was very, very impressed with the handling of the Sonny stuff today. Heavy-handed, yeah, but I think it was very specifically targeted at that middle-American audience (not trying to discriminate by geography or anything, but that seems to be the stereotype) who might not be excited about having a gay character on canvas. There was a lot of focus on what does or doesn't make someone gay, the types of challenges that gay people face in today's world, etc. If this is the way the whole story is going to be told, I think I'll really enjoy it.

• Members

Really. NL got crucified in this thread by many because it was her yet TB gets the "its bad Higley material" as an excuse

TB is a limited actress as most soap actors are that can play one character, bitchy and entitled CArly. every character she has played from

Carly to Ava to Reese to Taylor has been the same damn thing. Add to the fact she has zero chemistry with her leading man, with Eric, and with Ari

this go around.

And how about she eat a burger, fix her hair and make an attempt to actually look attractive on screen. And I am not alone on this. Hell everyday on Facebook its the

same comments from people on how awful she is but then I guess its just me.

• Members

The difference, to me, is that Tamara Braun does have strengths. She's not doing a good job as Taylor, and she's certainly falling back on her old tics, but I personally believe that they work for some of the characters she's played. Natalia Livingston, on the other hand, seemed like she was acting all the time. I was literally always thinking she had either forgotten her lines or actually smelled poop on the set.

• Members

That's an opinion. I would agree NL was not comfortable in the role but she at least at a minimum had chemistry with her leading man and even Eric. I always felt the tentativeness was part of the character. Taylor was never a self assured entitled bitch like most of the rest of the women on this show and how Taylor is being portrayed now and thats either an acting choice or limitation of the actress. Either way its wrong. The problem is the writing is not matching the performance AT ALL. AS for TB's strengths, that's an opinion. I watched both actors on GH, neither IMO were great but I always preferred Emily to CArly. And I admit that's a personal preference but then bitchy characters always seem to be " the better actress".

Ari Zucker is a prime example of someone who can take [!@#$%^&*] and spin it. I think she and Sarah Brown are a lot alike in that sense and Tamara Braun doesn't compare or come close to either of those actresses and what they brought to their respective roles.

Archived