DAYS: July Discussion Thread

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow! Who wrote those scenes today between Chad and EJ? They were fantastic. I'm really really loving all of the DiMera stuff lately. They're best when they're dealing with stuff like this, rivalries among siblings, anger at Stefano, etc. I've become miles more interested in Chad as a character and his relationship with Abby this week. I hope his DA "father" makes an appearance again, I'd love to see them going toe-to-toe.

• Members

They need to "Days" Will and Sonny up....I don't know if this makes sense to anyone but me, but watching the scenes yesterday with the whole coming out and Adrienne, Justin, and Maggie..Days doesn't do social issues very well. I felt like I was watching more of an after school special or a PSA, rather than a soap opera.

Out of all the soaps, Days has always been the soapiest (aside from Passions), and this whole storyline is sticking out like a soar thumb. I mean when you have a story like this going on between stories about a woman being forced into prostitution, a guy with a doppelganger, and a woman stealing pills left and right, it just doesn't fit.

And on top of that Sonny, in all his 3 day glory, is bland as hell, and Will is just as basic. I don't understand the deal with soaps making gay characters into these saints or good ole All American types. Spice them up, give them some flavor, give them some sass (no not in a stereotypical way), make them naughty, make them bad..just liven them up. I thought Dr. Reid from ATWT's and Kyle from OLTL was a good start, at least they weren't predictable. But Rafe (Y&R), Bianca (AMC), Fish (OLTL), Lucas (GH- <_< ) etc...they aren't uninteresting, but they are/were a tad boring.

Will is Sammi freaking Brady's son for crying out loud, he was born to be bad. I know we are not supposed to mention that one woman's name, but her idea of what Will was supposed to be, sounds a whole lot more interesting and exciting than the inevitable. I hope my rant made sense, but to make a long story short, Sonny and Will need more flavor, before I become interested in their story. I love me a gay storyline, but I have seen enough on soaps to know I don't want more of the same :lol:. Them being gay, just isn't enough to keep me interested, and yes I know it is still early..but come on, you know I'm right -_- . But don't mind me...if you disagree!

At least Passions served it up :wub:

• Administrator

I agree. Those were good scenes. I wish Lexi was there though (instead she was in scenes with Doofus Dan). I always loved watching Dimera siblings interact.

I hope they recast him because I don't take that "Empty Nest" guy seriously. LOL

• Members

Will and Sonny don't exist in the real world. I haven't met either one of them yet. I get what you are saying. You forgot to mention Noah the worst of them all. Luke actually had some edge to him before he came out of the closet. His friendship with Kevin was great. But then they squashed it for Noah romance. Dr. Oliver Reid was a breath of fresh air and more ot the gay guys I see around.

So you are saying Will should be a gay bitch like his mom.....lol...bitch being the word. My mom takes no [!@#$%^&*] from people yet I am nothing like her....lol.....

I actually dont mind Sonny and Will. Sonny has personality...i dont find him boring at all so far. Will...not bored at all with him...thats all I say....lol

• Members

I always thought that being Sami's son is a good reason why Will would never be overly scheming or nasty. Not after the years he spent watching her ruin her life over and over again for the dumbest reasons.

I'm also not sure if this actor could pull that off.

Two constipated men who never actually kissed (or if they did I missed it) and looked miserable.

• Members

CarlD2 you always come for my Passions, that show was flaw free, and Vincent and Simone were AMAZING! But I know I'm standing in a dark cold corner all alone, with that line of thinking.

And I agree with Chandler Massey not being able to pull off Sami 2.0, that is why I basically said I have no hope for these characters. Time will tell of course, but yeah....I can still dream of a male Sami.

And I forgot Noah for a reason haha.

• Members

I thought Simone was OK, from the little I watched, I just remember being so horrified by...everything with Chad (the acting, the lack of chemistry and the weird rage and nausea in every scene he had with Vincent).

If they wanted a bitchier gay character then Van Hansis would be good in that type of role.

• Members

It's see going to be interesting to see all this play out. All the current stories have been typical Days fare. As overexposed as they are I still like Rafe and Sami with a few exceptions here and there. Rafe as the new Roman/John/Bo is fine, but Sami as Marlena? :wacko: Sheffer, Whitesell, and Higley really have done a number on her.

Chill would have definitely been more interesting though!

I remember back in 2002 when they first SOARSed Will as a preteen he came back as a bully but who rough-housed with Abby but then when Gerse was cast that all changed and Will became a sweet innocent child who between the problems of Sami, Lucas, and Kate always remained the voice of reason. I think they had a hard time with Gerse(a sweetheart in real life BTW) because he quickly looked liked his actual age too fast(late teens) but I always enjoyed Gerse as Will's ability to put Sami and Lucas in their places when they had done wrong. Same with Dylan Patton as Will finding Lucas drunk. Chandler Massey has pretty much continued this tradition as Will being the sweetheart child of hell on wheels parents Lucas and Sami.

Actually I've liked all the Will actors for the most part.

Archived