Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

I'm not kalbir, but I would say handing B&B to Brad might have been Papa Bell's worst instance of nepotism.  

Lauralee's receiving so much airtime on Y&R might have been...annoying BITD.  (It certainly was to Terry Lester, lol).  However, over time, she has shaped up into being a worthy player on the show -- to the point where it's actually a shame they don't use her, or use her more properly, more often (although, it's probably her choice not to be on contract, or featured as regularly as others).

OTOH, Brad Bell EP'ing and HW'ing B&B year after miserable year is probably a textbook example of diminishing returns, and nepotism gone horribly wrong.  (Ironically, I've heard it said that Lauralee, and not Brad or Bill Jr., understands their father's aesthetic better than anyone).

Edited by Khan

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Also reading these I never knew John Abbott met Victor himself to ask if Julia could be featured with jabot modeling. jack wasn't even apart of Victor's orbit at that time until years later and even that I have no clue, I'm guessing like 85 the earliest or I could be wrong.

• Members

Agreed. Its a mystery how B&B is still on the air and in the #2 spot at that! Its just a cyclical mess of liam, hope, steffy, and other near incestuous random couple combinations. Its beyond played out at this point. Moreover, Its kind of insulting to the dedicated viewers that Bradley Bell's team of writers appear to be making no effort at all. GH is no gem these days but at least the writers seem to be attempting to give the audience something to work with, yet they're still 3rd in the ratings?

• Members

Not sure when Jack met Victor. He was one of the few not at the Victor/Nikki wedding (or am i not remembering that properly). I remember that was the week Patti and Jack's divorce became final. I assume Jack interacted with Nikki first though, which I believe was late 1984 and probably met Victor that way. This was also around the time Victor took over Megeron, so that may have been when they met, this was very late 1984

Edited by will81

• Members

I guess Victor and Jack crossed paths at the Charity function Nikki organized? 

When Nikki approached Jack for a donation he blew her off which resulted in Victor approaching Ashley for a donation.

Ashley was involved with Marc at this time and she and Marc had dinner with Victor and Nikki. 

Things evolved from there. This was late 84.On NYE Jack and Nikki witnessed a kiss between Ashley and Victor.