Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

I liked that style of storytelling...some characters organically wouldn't know one another.  Victor encouraged Nina to pursue Ryan so he and Victoria didnt interact...I recall that.  Nikki and Nina had one scene in the late 90s after Victoria's baby Eve died where Nina expressed sympathy..and Nikki eyed nina leaving and asked Victoria if Nina was causing trouble..and Victoria said not at all.  And I do recall before Nina left in early 2000...her and Sharon interacted a lot since their kids went to Walnut Grove..and Nina was a supportive big sister to both Mackenzie and Megan Dennison.  Had nina stayed, she probably would have interacted with others.  She also was tested with Ashley's step brother Rafael and advised Cole on how to handle the Victoria/Ashley situation.

Agnes Nixon did that to a certain extent on AMC...but not as blatant as Bill Bell did.

Marland overdid the character interactions..some of which didnt make sense...and I did notice got better with that in the later years of his tenure in ATWT.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

UlmY7dW.jpg?1

ROBIN EISENMAN

SEARCH FOR TOMORROW      Jennifer Pace Phillips Wyatt     1973

GENERAL HOSPITAL            Nurse Stacey Rawlings                 1980-82 (1979-82?)

DAYS OF OUR LIVES          Kelly Chase, murder victim     1982-83

THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS    Nicole "Nikki" Reed Bancroft Newman  1984 (Temporary)

• Members

She does capture the spirit of Nikki, while watching I still felt it was Nikki, even if Melody would have done some things differently. I think especially her need to have Kay at the event felt pretty close to the way Melody would have played it.

• Members

There was another scene in 2011 when Nina and Nikki were both staying at Katherine house and when Paul came to see Nina I think Nikki walked down the stairs but we should all assume that they interacted okay with each other cause they were both living at Kay's 

I loved when Nina slapped Phyllis back in 2012, they needed to show Phyllis that she ain't the only bad girl that can throw down

• Members

Thanks, thought that was right. 
It's amazing to think how many of the actors were probably "temp cast" in the 80's and we probably don't know or some just don't remember...I'm still amazed they had a different Lorie in that 1978 episode. 

• Members

Getting back to unusual interactions. Just read a synopsis from Nov 1983 which stated Paul comforted Ashley over her troubles with Dina. Would have never even thought these two had much interaction back then, especially not outside of a professional or group social setting.