Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BoldRestless said:

Looking forward to seeing more of 1988 and 1989!  LOL at the hair in the thumbnails of that playlist.

I’m sure a lot of people will get a kick out of the outfits!!

6 hours ago, sheilaforever said:

Thanks for sharing these gems. Just by the thumb nails I see my gal Kimberlin Brown, is it’s gonna be a big treat.

These have a lot of great Sheila scenes!

Please register in order to view this content

8 hours ago, YRfan23 said:

Here's some more 1991 I just got too

Thanks alot this is gold, if Yu have any early 80's which I'm sure if u did you would probably have posted them but I'll take what you bring us anyway thanks again

3 hours ago, Legacy said:

Thanks alot this is gold, if Yu have any early 80's which I'm sure if u did you would probably have posted them but I'll take what you bring us anyway thanks again

Your welcome!

I did post a few 1980 and 82  a few pages back . Here's the playlists for them,

On 4/26/2019 at 2:47 PM, YRfan23 said:

Your welcome!

I did post a few 1980 and 82  a few pages back . Here's the playlists for them,

It's Soo interesting seeing Chris brooks interact with John abbott, there could have been a bigger story there if they had kept Chris but she was basically on her way out

Is this supposed to be April or May of 1982 cause I never knew Diane was on while snapper n Sally were still on the canvas? 

I could see them doing a triangle with snapper/Chris/jack/Sally that would have been kinda interesting also

17 minutes ago, Legacy said:

It's Soo interesting seeing Chris brooks interact with John abbott, there could have been a bigger story there if they had kept Chris but she was basically on her way out

Is this supposed to be April or May of 1982 cause I never knew Diane was on while snapper n Sally were still on the canvas? 

I could see them doing a triangle with snapper/Chris/jack/Sally that would have been kinda interesting also

Yes the date that is labeled as 10/8/82 is

incorrect and it’s definitely late April early May.

3 hours ago, DeeeDee said:

Diane is SO missed.

I still don't understand to this day what made them decide to kill off Diane Jenkins, she was basically still a legacy character on the show even if you liked her or not.

They could have just made her leave town or go to jail or missing but instead they just ended the character for no reason.

33 minutes ago, Legacy said:

I still don't understand to this day what made them decide to kill off Diane Jenkins, she was basically still a legacy character on the show even if you liked her or not.

They could have just made her leave town or go to jail or missing but instead they just ended the character for no reason.

Maura West was miscast, the writing was bad and Diane was destroyed.

Maybe Maura should have been a new character, not that there's been much success on that score either.

7 hours ago, Paul Raven said:

Maura West was miscast, the writing was bad and Diane was destroyed.

Maybe Maura should have been a new character, not that there's been much success on that score either.

I thought Maura west did a fantastic job as Diane even though she was younger then the original cast I still liked what she brang to the table with the character.

But I guess not everyone agreed but still I think they could have went a different route

I guess we'll never know if it is acolyte writers trying to honor another generation or network executive demanding vintage names, but I agree with the conclusion that I while enjoyed Maura West, I found her to be nothing like the Diane that I recalled.  Jack, Victor, and even characters that are Nick's age are also open to stories about long lost college sweethearts who have children of questionable heritage.  Perhaps this casting will put the proverbial nail in the coffin of casting a veteran actor and then randomly assigning them a veteran character's name, even though their characterization of the part is completely different, because it is just a setup for critics and fans to dislike the newer version.