Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's Soo interesting seeing Chris brooks interact with John abbott, there could have been a bigger story there if they had kept Chris but she was basically on her way out

Is this supposed to be April or May of 1982 cause I never knew Diane was on while snapper n Sally were still on the canvas? 

I could see them doing a triangle with snapper/Chris/jack/Sally that would have been kinda interesting also

• Members

I still don't understand to this day what made them decide to kill off Diane Jenkins, she was basically still a legacy character on the show even if you liked her or not.

They could have just made her leave town or go to jail or missing but instead they just ended the character for no reason.

• Members

I thought Maura west did a fantastic job as Diane even though she was younger then the original cast I still liked what she brang to the table with the character.

But I guess not everyone agreed but still I think they could have went a different route

• Members

I guess we'll never know if it is acolyte writers trying to honor another generation or network executive demanding vintage names, but I agree with the conclusion that I while enjoyed Maura West, I found her to be nothing like the Diane that I recalled.  Jack, Victor, and even characters that are Nick's age are also open to stories about long lost college sweethearts who have children of questionable heritage.  Perhaps this casting will put the proverbial nail in the coffin of casting a veteran actor and then randomly assigning them a veteran character's name, even though their characterization of the part is completely different, because it is just a setup for critics and fans to dislike the newer version.