Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Yeah true, she was trying hard to get back together with Danny. I think Traci's miscarriage was the end of her run? Pretty sure she left about that time. In the divorce scenes she was grown up and a bit jaded, but definitely not hung up on Jack. She was pretty much ready to move on. 

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

All the crazy rewrites of Bill Bell's history has destroyed any sense of continuity. I remember getting my hopes of Patty's return in the 90's when that scene of Lilibet photos being shown and the let down when nothing came of it. Alex Donnelly came back as Diane at that time too, so I have a feeling they approached Lilibet and things did not work out as planned. They scrapped it and did that lame Carl Williams story instead.

• Members

Also and the whole Victor bringing her back for revenge on Jack thing was Soo pointless, it never made sense why all of a sudden out of all the years he could have done that he just out of the blue bring Patty back smh they just did this as a prop to put more beef between him and Jack.

• Members

At the time of the Williams' family introduction, William J. Bell gave the breakdown of the kids' ages as follows: Steve was 25, Todd was 22, Paul was 19, and Patty was 16. I've always remembered this because it mirrored the ages of the Brooks sisters when they were introduced in 1973: Leslie was 25, Lorie was 22, Chris was 19, and Peggy was 16. I still have the press releases around here somewhere.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Hey, great information!  Thanks so much for providing that.   We could see in 1980 that Steve was a grown-ass man with a college degree (so 25 makes sense), Paul was constantly being badgered by Mother Mary for not being in college (so 19 makes sense), and Pip was always announcing her age.   Todd was more of a mystery (since he wasn't on camera), but I was pretty sure Mary made a comment one time to Steve about "your two younger brothers", so I figured Todd was intended by Bell to be one of the younger three kids. 

• Members

The full Williams family unit came and went pretty quickly. He wrote Steve out after about a year. Patty was written out after he lost Lilibet in the role and felt Andrea was a bust recast. Carl was dropped to recurring till being phased out. So their span as a main family was 1980-84.

• Members

Yea your right the Williams family didn't get that long stretch of time for us to really know them as a whole, i wonder why bell didn't invest in there family Dynamics for too long but at least he kept Paul and Mary and I heard that she was asked to come back many time but her health wasn't too good

Soo sad

Please register in order to view this content

wish they could brought her back at least once before she passed away, and the fact that they never brought back Steve for the Patty of today is just not right.

I wonder if Carl is supposed to still be alive today or will we hear that he died but nobody knows anything further about it smh

• Members

Of course even Mother Mary herself wasn't immune to being dumped.    During the Cassandra storyline in the late 1980s/early 1990s, Carl Williams and his policewoman partner (Salena?) were contract cast members, but Mother Mary was recurring.   By the late 1990s, Mary was back on contract, and of course Carl was completely missing in action until that wonderful, edge-of-your-seat Norfolk storyline. 

• Members

Carl's return was a good storyline. Davidson, Conwell, Hadley, Kriesa, and Bevis sold the hell out of it. Paul and Mary discovering Carl were two of the most memorable scenes in 1998-1999.

Edited by YRBB