Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Thank you so much.

Katherine's endless obsession and insane way of viewing her history with Jill was something I wish Y&R had explored during the later years. I don't know if the writers could not be bothered to pay attention to show history, but the active attempt to change the narrative to Katherine being the eternal victim was absurd. The fact she was so vicious and hateful to Jill was part of what made her character interesting and complex.

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I apologize if this was posted, but here is a cute clip of Nikki dancing with a character called Mark in 1988. The only Mark I recall on Y&R was Marc Mergeron. It's interesting to see Nikki have fun and be so lively. I feel being with Victor and around Katherine often made Nikki seem older than the character would have been at that time.  

Edited by Dax7000

• Members

Nikki looked really good in that clip, for some reason when I see old clips of Nikki I like how she looked from the mid 80's to 90's but she still looks very good to this day, she will always have that soft sweet voice and that baby face

• Members

Hey everyone this board gets dead sometimes but I wanted to throw another scenario out there what if they did a pairing back in the early 80's with John Abbot and Vanessa Prentiss? I wonder how that would have went or maybe not what do you guys think would Vanessa have been too old for John since he did like his younger women

Plus it would have gave some type of interactions between both families, even going further there could have been company competition Prentiss industries vs jabot cosmetics.

• Members

That sounds juicy, but I think you're right that John never dated anyone older than him.  Jerry Douglas was born in 1932. His older screen partner seems to be Marla Adams (Dina) who was born in 1938.  While KT Stevens (Vanessa) was born in 1919.

There was an ep, I think in late 1991, where Florence Webster had a fantasy of a dinner date with John Abbott at the Colonnade Room - dressed in glamorous clothes and dancing the night away. Too bad the writers didn't explore that more. John and Flo together would have driven Jill insane!

• Members

Oh really I never knew Vanessa was that old, I always use to put here in same age category as like Katherine,Jennifer,john,dina,Liz but I can see they were Abit younger then her.

I guess the pairing wouldn't have even discovered itself but John and flo that would be interesting and Nina interacting with the abbotts lol something you never see

• Members

Speaking of cricket and the abbotts wasn't Christine a friend of Traci back in 1983 or 1984 when Traci overdosed on weight loss pills, I've always wondered if they were friends back then.

It's funny I noticed Nina in all the years she was on never had interactions with other main leaders of the show other then Katherine/Jill but never have I seen her interact with Victor,Nikki,Sharon,Nick the Abbot's 

• Members

Victor and Nina had a few scenes together in early '93. They had a mutual shared interest of ending Ryan and Victoria's marriage. These were strange scenes. These two did not seem like they should be allies. This was the time, IMO, when Nina was behaving VERY badly. Totally obsessed with Ryan in an unhealthy way.

• Members

I would love to see those scenes one day, and Nina had some great stories on the show back then. I wonder why they brought back for a few years then just took her off because Paul chose Christine

I noticed that to about the show I mean it's interesting and leaves alot of story telling but I wonder if this was done on purpose, I find it funny if certain characters never interacted they always make it seem like those characters know each other yet you would never see them share one scene lol classic bill bell