Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I remember reading that Tom wanted to sign a contract with Y&R, but Bill Bell wasn't sure he was leading man material because of his high voice. He wrote the character out in 1975. Years later when he found success as Magnum PI and as a 80's heartthrob, Bell said he kicked himself for not signing him.

• Members

whoo! thanks days22 :)

btw, I meant to tell you this but I think the first video might actually be from July 14,89. I'll have to watch the other dates and see if they need to be fixed too but the reason I think this is because on the episodes you posted earlier marked July 13 and 14 89 I think the July 13 one has a repeat of the scene from the last episode (July 11,89) so that's why I think the episodes are marked a day ahead.

anyways I watched 7/14 (or 17) and I'm so excited that's the episode where Jill attacked Nina, the clip alone used to be on youtube, so it's great to see again....I wonder why Jill's been MIA for a couple weeks, I believe this is the first time we see her this month....I guess Jess must've been on vacation?

for some reason I started to laugh when Cricket threw the stuff at Derek.....It was still an intense scene and Lauralee once again did a good job....

• Members

It usually helps when they show the news guy in the beginning before the episode starts ("Tuesday on daybreak" etc...) They always talk about stuff that's gonna happen the next day....For some reason most of these July episodes don't have them announce it, but I think the dates have mostly been correct....but I do think the episodes marked July 13 and 14, should be 12 and 13, then the first episode you posted tonite was 14,then 17,18 etc.....I also rely on the opening cause it seems to keep a pattern of who starts it....at least it seems to be doing so with these dates.....

• Members

Nina Arvesen as Cassandra is definitely one of those rare beauties you will just never see on any soap again, let alone Y&R/B&B....There's always something about her and she always did a good job of adding this mysterious yet vulnerable trait to Cassandra that just draws you in....that being said I have to honestly admit I'm not really into the George Rawlins Murder tale as much as I probably should be.....again Arvesen is stunning, but after watching days22 1989 episodes, I have to wonder why this story was chosen as the main "A" story for that year....The acting is good don't get me wrong, but I personally feel that it's a little too hard to follow, and it gets to the point where it just seems like we see the same grouping of characters discussing the same topics over and over....ok silly of me to say since that's what Bill Bell did best, drawing out a story so much it hurts but he really did take his time with this story, which to me unfortunately sort of made most of the scenes boring....(the exception of the one scene where Paul fantasizes about strangling Cassandra in that one episode) I know how the story came to the climax and I know about that gun in the ice block thing we have yet to see that sounds exciting...but again I just find most of the scenes taking place in that story kind of boring and the fact they had to tell that story everyday during that week.....I apologize if that sounds offensive...

I also have to say that though he's a really good actor I would hate it if my father was Carl Williams....again there's just something about his scenes with Paul where they are trying to get to the bottom of things with Cassandra, I just think he comes on way too strong.....and again I know that's the point because their detectives....but I sort of get put off on how rough Carl can be with Paul....a little too condescending if you ask me....I guess I just would have prefer to see more "warmer" moments where we are reminded that Paul and Carl are still father and son.....

I have to also add that, I never thought they could have me hate Victor one moment, then like him the next, meaning how much I prefer him during helping with the Cassandra stuff vs. the whole Jabot takeover and having Brad come work for him to get even with Jack....That's something they could never do with any character that's bad again, as today I think we just either pure love or pure hate them instead of back and forth....

One interesting thing that I wanted to bring up regarding days22's episodes, but does anyone sort of realize that Jack's "women" in his life all helped out in a way in making sure Victor got even with Jack?....it was all unintentional, but Nikki and Ashley basically had no problem blabbing to Victor how Leanna knew Jack way before she met and married Victor,then I believe Lauren was the one who suggested that Victor choose Brad as his right hand giving him knowledge that he and Jack hate each other for Victor to use at his advantage?.....again how weird that all these women who were "closest" to Jack all sort of betrayed him in a way whether they realized it or not....

Edited by YRfan23