Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I have no clue lol! maybe since they're private and that only people with the links can view them, they won't have such a problem with it. Who knows??? haha. I just really hope that more footage comes up either in this forum or somewhere of footage of Kay, Jill, Derek, Suzanne, Nikki, Casey, Kevin, Victor, Lauren, Paul, Julia and other rare characters from 1976-1983. those are my favorite years!

• Members

Janice Lynde left Y&R in early 1977. Victoria Mallory took over shortly after and interacted with Tom Hallick's Brad till 1978 when Hallick left the show.

Leslie got preggers by John McCooks Lance in late 78 and had Brooks in 1979. McCook left Y&R in 1980 when the show expanded to an hour. Dennis Cole was hired and played Lance till 1982.

• Members

John McCook came on to Y&R Oct 1975 while Janice Lynde was in the role. Janice departed Jan 1977 while Leslie and Brad were still married, Victoria began playing Leslie almost the next day. Tom Hallick left in Apr 1978 ( so yes Tom and Victoria were on screen together) Leslie got pregnant by Lance in 1978 while John and Victoria were in the roles. John McCook left in Feb 1980 (he returned briefly in May 1980) and Dennis Cole took over around Feb 1981.

Edited by will81

• Members

In this summary we see mention of Brent,a boyfriend of Jill's.I have never seen him mentioned before.Anyone know more?

#136 – Tuesday 16th October, 1973 (Tape date: Tuesday 2nd October)

Chris is in her bathroom, rinsing off her face when Jennifer comes from behind and mentions that Greg is downstairs. Chris knows that the women are coming from the rape crisis centre tonight – but she doesn’t know when. Chris tells her mother she’ll slip on something and come down. Greg waits with an obvious penetrating curiosity. Jen comes down and says Chris will be down in a minute or two. Greg expresses his feeling that there’s something everyone is keeping from him and he suspects that something is going on there. Jen handles the moment with sensitivity. Greg tells Jen that he happens to love Chris, and whatever it is why won’t they tell him. Chris comes down and says how grateful she is that he’s here. She’s just wanted some time to herself and that it has nothing to do with him personally. Chris graciously touches on the idea that she’s expecting someone. When she opens the door for Greg to leave, the two women from the Rape Crisis Centre are there and said they were just about to ring the bell. Greg asks Chris privately about why she’s talking with women from the Rape Crisis Centre. She tells him that she has to go in now, but perhaps they can talk in a day or so. The two women leave having made an impression on Chris to report her rape.

Brent walks Jill home after an evening together. He asks her if she enjoyed herself and she says yes, very much. They talk for a while and she complains about her work at the beauty parlour, yet she’s good at it and is lucky to have a job. She complains that she doesn’t want to grow up and live like her mother – and yet she thinks her mother is super. Brent reassures her that there’s nothing wrong ever with a person trying to improve herself, reach beyond what her parents have had. Jill tells of how she answered a modelling ad and Chris Brooks was there. The photographer told them the kind of pictures he wants and both she and Chris decided to leave. After they left, Jill lingered in the ladies’ room until Chris had left, then went back and asks the man if she could try out for the job, but by then he had hired someone. Jill admits to Brent that at that moment in time she would have gone ahead with it. “How about that for looking for a way out?”, Jill says. Brent suggests to her that they discuss this on their next date.

• Members

Does anyone have the 1982 Y&R episode where Nikki asks Kay if she can hide out in the gate house at her mansion since she hasn't yet told Kevin that Victor is the father of her baby?? It also features Kevin and Carolyn having some kind of confrontation. It was posted on this page here. I think it may be the December 2 episode but I don't know for sure. http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/240932/1/. I haven't seen it since I was about 11 and it was first uploaded to YouTube by a user called snarkweighsin. I've been looking for it everywhere!! anyone??

Edited by ltm1997