Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This is the only pic I have seen, it is from their wedding which aired the week of Jan 4th 1988, I believe both of them last aired Dec 2nd 1988 and Brenda came on the following Monday, anyone who can verify?

42496703.jpg

Edited by will81

• Members

Thanks Carl for that. I am always amazed that Y&R was able to get such great performances from such a young and inexperienced cast. Much was always made of the youth and beauty of the show, and while none of the 70's cast picked up Emmys™ I have never heard bad things about them as actors.

What little I have seen seems to back that up.

• Members

Check this out.....a very rare montage of scenes from 1982!......with the Y&R theme with lyrics....you can tell this is 1982 cause they have scenes of Leslie and Chris Brooks and other characters who shortly departed after...some I don't even know

• Members

Three random observations/Questions:

is this a verrry young Danny Smarmalotti at 1:20???

Is this a verrrry young Andy Richards in the scene with Deborah Adair's Jill?

Eileen Davidson is unbelievable; she looks nearly excatly the same 32 years later!!! Doug Davidson and Melody Thomas Scott on the other hand look tragic in their 80s dos....

• Members

I think that's the first time I ever saw the Laurence mother and daughter (Liz Keifer with all that hair! She was right to cut it).

Is that Cindy with Paul? And some other woman I don't know.

That Jill/John makeout session looked trashy. I'd expected something more glamorous.

Terry Lester in a waiscoat = thank you.

I guess this is when Paul was pretending to be bad (and that's why Mary was devastated)?

Was Chris crying happy tears or sad tears?

I keep wondering what Brenda Jill and Andy would have been like together.

I really want to see more of Deborah's Jill and Katherine together. Deborah is much tougher looking physically than Brenda or Jess, although she seems to play the role more sympathetically.

Why was Katherine weeping?

• Members

The blonde chic with Cindy & Paul was Pam. She wound up dead. I remember her for some reason and the scene where they looked at her body in the morgue.

I don't know why Chris was crying, she could have been happy modeling for Jabot, or maybe this is when Snapper left for London without her. Lynn Topping was a pretty woman, but Trish Stewart was gorgeous.

I wonder if Katherine was weeping because she failed at stopping John from marrying Jill ? I remember seeing the scene where she tried to make Jill look bad in front of John and her party guests by bringing up Phillip. Her boy toy Cash was killed in 82, but this looks to be all from late in the year around the John/Jill marriage.

Bill Bell lost interest in Leslie after Lorie was gone. He wrote her out along with Robert and his family quickly. Liz Keifer said in an interview that she was thrilled to be on Y&R at this time and assumed a 3 year contract, meant a 3 year contract. Reality soon hit when dropped from the show.

Always great see Lilibet Stern.I consider her the true Patty Williams. Andrea Evans and that crazy cat freak don't even register with me. Danny was always so sissy to me.

• Members

I believe the Kay scene was before she tried to stop Jill. Liz was trying to talk her out of it and Kay had memories of Phillip, that is why she is crying and she resolves to send the transcript of the court case Jill brought against the Chancellor estate in 1976 to John.

The court case made Jill look like a gold digging slut. Kay won and Phillip became a Foster.

• Members

The two blondes with Paul are Pam Warren (Kristine DeBell) and Cindy Lake (DeAnna Robbins)

Looking at the Abbott house set it appears there have been minor changes over the years. I had forgotten about the drop chandeliers.

Maybe Chris was being coaxed in the modelling shoot to reflect on first love etc and it brought on sadness due to her situation with Snapper.