Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Thank You for more Leslie/Lorie/Lance/Lucas. I noticed the dark haired child actor playing Brooks here was cast to look like Victoria Mallory, but then they aged him and recast with blonde Andre Gower to look like Dennis Cole.

This was prior to the Gala Ball, so that explains why Lorie wanted to stick it to Leslie again. I think it would have made more sense and drama for Lucas to of been the one to walk into the ball with Lorie on his arm instead of that fake accented creep.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yes, luckily the entire run of Y&R remains preserved in the archives, but since they are not going to let us see those vintages episodes any time soon, if ever, the rare episodes that fans still have are indeed precious to me, LOL.

Most of my stuff from the mid-1980s forward is also in pretty decent shape. Unfortunately, my favorite era of many soaps (Y&R, AW, OLTL, TEON, etc.) was during the 1970s, and my tapes from that era are not holding up so well.

Thank God for folks like you and other generous fans who share your material on youtube.

Oh, that reminds me: a poster named coffeegulper905 has been uploading the entire series of the 1960s soap opera PEYTON PLACE onto youtube, and the quality is great. I'll have to post about it in the PP thread on the Cancelled Soaps forum. He's already up to episode 388 (out of 514)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH3BwBNceeQ

Ahhh, old soaps are great!

Edited by vetsoapfan

• Members

You may want to tell that person to take Petyon Place out of the title, as it may get taken down otherwise.

Can't wait to see the Y&R clip alphanguy. Thanks.

So, vetsoapfan, that means the HTSAM finale didn't transfer and is gone now? Well, at least you tried.

• Members

Hi, DRW50,

Yes, I have sent the PP uploader a PM, politely suggesting that he change the titles of his vids to something else, in order to avoid being targeted for deletion. It would be difficult to know what to call the episodes, however; it would need to be something that TPTB wouldn't notice, yet recognizable to the fans so that WE could search for the vids. "The Constance, Mike, Allison and Rodney Saga," perhaps.

As for HOW TO SURVIVE, the audio was salvageable, at least, so there's that. Better than nothing.

• Members

Bill Bell's anti-drug PSAs - at least he took it seriously. I will say they got the casting just right for Julie's boyfriend. He's a smarmy jerk but he's just cute enough and just enough of a bad boy for someone who is insecure to give in for him.

I was surprised they actually had someone surprised to get a phone call from famous Danny. Usually his fame was just limited to trials or concert tours - most people he'd talk to or encounter in his "normal" life didn't react that way. It's too bad they didn't have the boy say something like, "Yeah right, like that [!@#$%^&*] douchebag would call me."

• Members

DRW50 thanks for the awesome Dina & Jill clip. I was watching this as a kid and loved their confrontations. Marla Adams needs to be back on Y&R as head of the Abbott clan NOW . Brenda was her same ole crazy campy self here.

I remember one time Jill was going to redecorate and she said she wanted to get rid of all this old stuff and that it was outdated just like Dina.

• Members

Thanks for posting the latest Lorie clip. Love JLB with the longer hair. This Leslie/Lorie confrontation was better than the last (where Lorie learned Leslie was pregnant with Lance's baby) and it was nice to see Leslie play the piano.

I've come to the conclusion I'm not a fan of Dennis Cole as Lance. I prefer the little over seen of John McCook.

And the background music! Love the cue they played in the first five minutes during the Leslie and Loroe scene.

Edited by soapfave06