Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

As far as I can tell that 1982 episode (thanks for posting btw) is from the first week of May, maybe May 5th at a guess.

I also believe Thom Bierdz and Kate Linder were friends with Brenda.

Beth Maitland was pretty forward about Brenda in a recent interview. Brenda talk starts at 22:15 mark.

• Members

Here's an anecdote from the 1984 book Inside the Soaps, by Paul Denis:

In 1983, the actors and crew of Y&R decided to discourage swearing in the studio, so they fined each swearer 25 cents per profanity. After three months, $500 was amassed and a Foul Mouth award went to Eric Braeden, who had cussed $50 worth. Steven Ford, who hadn't been caught swearing once, got the Clean Mouth award.

• Members

Thanks for the link to the 1982 episode. I'd never seen the episode, just some clips. And I see a lot of GL at that channel too. I never did get to see WOST material (by the time I got high-speed Internet, they were pay only). I see some 1952-53 GL material that I'd watched on some of the GL sites that are now ghost towns because of things like Megavideo and Youtube going down or taking stuff off. It's terrific to get to see this again. Thanks.