Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This is a cast list from Who's Who in Daytime TV 73.

I didn't realize Pam Peters was on that early.Was Peggy just recurring at this point?

How long did Robert Clarke play Bruce before Paul Stevens? I've never seen any Y&R related pics of either. Also don't recall any summaries that talked about Bruce's relationships with the Fosters.

CAST:
Dorothy Green as Jennifer Brooks
Trish Stewart as Chris Brooks
Pam Peters as Peggy Brooks
Janice Lynde as Leslie Brooks
Robert Colbert as Stuart Brooks
Lee Crawford as Sally McGuire
Robert I. Clarke as Dr. Bruce Henderson
William Gray Espy as Bill "Snapper" Foster
Jim Houghton as Greg Foster
Juliana McCarthy as Liz Foster
Brenda Dickson as Jill Foster
Tom Hallick as Brad Elliott
Robert Clary as Pierre
Jay Ingram as Frank Martin

CREDITS:
Producer: John Conboy
Creator & Headwriter: William J. Bell
Associate Producer: Patricia Wenig
Directors: Herbert Kenwith & William Glen

• Members

I only know Bruce was a doctor and Liz's brother. He came to GC when Liz had ovarian cancer (possibly it was uterine cancer) The Henderson's were listed as a main family in pre-show press, not sure if that was a mistake or not.

I am assuming the character was from GC originally because of the affair with Jennifer. Not sure how long he stayed but I believe while Jennifer was touring with Leslie on her first concert tour around 1973, Jennifer and Bruce were hooking up. I think he lived with his family in Chicago.

I am more interested in his wife listed only as Ma Henderson. Can't even figure what she did on the show.

• Members

Ma Henderson was Liz and Bruce's mother.Many pages back it was established she was on the show briefly and played by Dorothy Adams,mother of Rachel Ames (Audrey GH)

Bruce's wife Regina was played by Jodean Russo.

The Hendersons were originally announced as another core family with 2 sons but obviously as Bill Bell got into writing the show he felt there wasn't room or need for these characters.

• Members

No matter the RL perception of Brenda Dickson, there's no question she was a dynamo as Jill. I know Jess Walton has played the role now for over a quarter of a century and is probably now the most identifiable Jill, but there's no doubt that Brenda brought lots of gusto into her portrayal of Jill - especially with Jeanne Cooper/Katherine.

• Members

I wonder if that guy is an example of those actors who always auditioned for certain main roles over the years yet TPTB never feel he is good enough for a lead role so just keep giving him the same type of dayplayer stuff......

The Bells particularly always liked to use the same actors for dayplayer roles...