Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Summary of a 1974 episode.

Jed Andrews and Laurie Brooks discuss Jed's plans for divorcing his wife, Betty, and the alimony arrangements. After Jed leaves, Brock Reynolds arrives and tells Laurie not to destroy Jed and Betty's marriage. The following events also occur: Stewart Brooks talks to his daughter, Leslie, who is worried about Brad Eliot; Laurie invites Betty over and gives her advice about how to save her marriage with Jed; and Leslie confronts Brad about his deceptive decision to allow others to believe he is dead.

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This storyline point was very effective, because it allowed viewers to see that underneath it all, Lorie could actually be sensitive and altruistic...well, to a point, anyway.

Lorie always wanted to be Stuart's good girl and gain his approval, and so she went over to see Betty and tried her best to set the poor, frumpy woman straight. She told Jed's wife that her hairdo and fashion sense were all wrong, and made her look unattractive, and then proceeded to give the woman beauty and fashion advice, and tips on how to be more attractive to her husband. Betty was resistant to change, but Lorie was persistent, LOL.

These were small, character-based scenes, but both effective and memorable.

How I miss the halcyon days of this once-great series!

• Members

Bill Bell used that same ,rather sexist angle when Peggy Brooks encouraged Joann to glam it up to win back Jack.

The thinking seemed to be that a woman had to keep up appearances to hold onto a man. Mind you when the man is a young Tom Selleck,or Anthony Herrera maybe that's a fair point.

Lanna Saunders was Betty.

• Members

I guess it was the times too. Though with women's lib and est I am surprised he didn't do more of a "start by changing how you feel about the inside and it will reflect the beauty on the outside" I think both the stories done could have had a little more depth, though from what I have read about the Joann/Jack story, Brock was building Joann's self esteem and Joann was pretty honest about her emotional feelings about her marriage and self.

Jack was a douche though by the sounds of it, both women were better off without him.

• Members

Happy to see 1994 up, I watched the 16th and 18th episodes. Probably the best part of the two shows was the Lauren/Brad/Traci stuff building up to Brad's heart attack and that epic catfight that had been years in the making--it already had started between the affair and of course Traci making NASTY remarks about Scotty and baby Scott--this was more icing and ammunition.

Poor Christine. After all she went through in her marriage with Danny what a strange way to end the marriage. Was Michael Damian not expected to come back at the time?

The Barber family drama was great, tragically Norma Donaldson passed away not too long after this.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

I tried to upload the 17th too, but once again it didn't show up....:( guess it's back to youtube, which I always prefer though I still need to find a way to get September 30, 93 back up since youtube does the copyright crap, and I tried multiple times to get it on DM.....

rebooting the Lauren/Traci/Brad triangle was a good way to give Lauren a breather from the Sheila saga, and remind the audience that Lauren was still the same bitch she always had been.....I do find it interesting that 1994 seemed to be the only year that Lauren didn't even mention Sheila, at least till 1995......Though in the beginning of that year was when Sheila had sent Scotty that mysterious gift and Lauren called and confronted Sheila about it.....those scenes use to be on here....