Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Y&R had to be the leading soap in diversity 1990-2006, after that it was all downhill...

Not sure if this has been shared yet, but someone from Australia has shared a full week on Y&R eps from December 1995 which include the aftermath of Blade's death, the Nick/Matt ordeal, and the consequences of the Nathan/Keesha affair coming to light. One ep has Sharon confessing her full past to Paul including about Cassie which I don't remember at all. The eps run from Dec 4th to Dec 11th 1995:

http://youtu.be/9FyynaTrKNs

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

And even beyond that when Frank attempted to return in 2003 before his untimely demise.

The one thing I see from all these late 1995 and 1996 episodes I see that was bound to happen, should have happened, but didn't happen was a Ryan/Jill one night stand. Just imagine the implications and Jill having to go toe to toe with not just Nina but Victoria too. Involving Jill into the Blade/Rick mess allowed Jill to steal the whole storyline, just imagine Jill's impact on the Ryan/Nina/Cole/Victoria quad.

• Members

That's true! Just a little bit of mindfulness towards the future (as I'm sure the backstory was designed towards building story for later) that led to 8/9 years worth of story (with breaks). You just don't get that anymore.

I have always loved the prospect of Jill/Ryan, because the two had a very interesting working relationship/friendship. You're right, a ONS would have been great, although I don't quite see it ever developing into anything longterm or serious.

A shame, indeed.

I don't think it was necessarily a mistake, as it was the very tragic outcome of a huge storyline but I also would have loved to have seen what a marriage to Victoria would bring, and the drama that could come out of that. Although his death did lead to only the saddest scene in the history of Y&R forever and ever and ever (lol), it also did leave Victoria to have to deal with Diego....

Edited by YRBB

• Members

Ryan likely would have just done what he always did - sigh in judgmental exasperation, shake his head, and talk down to whatever woman who was unfortunate enough to be sharing his bed at the time.

I always thought he was a user and a loser. I can't imagine Victoria lasting much longer on the show with or without him. Y&R was moving away from any strong female character.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I thought Reeves was fired, but I guess he wanted to pursue his music career,,,,

I have to admit I'm not a fan of Ryan's, but I sometimes did wonder what it would be like if Reeves actually did come back at one point as Ryan's "twin" like he joked about years ago....Of course of the show didn't overdue it with all the other dopplegangers the last few years, maybe that could've worked,....

I think someone once suggested that Reeves could've also gone to B&B as Taylor's brother Zack.....