DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

July 66 newspaper summary

"Like sands thru the hour glass, so are the days of our lives," goes the opening mood line. Macdonald Carey is the star of this serial. He wasn't on the day we looked in and saw Alice Horton chatting in her kitchen with Rusty about son Mickey, a lawyer who is becoming involved with Diane Hunter, his client in a divorce suit. Diane Hunter's daughter, Susie, is a good friend of Julie, Alice Horton's granddaughter. Before going to Julie's high school graduation party, Susie has a few unkind words for her mother. "I don't love you at all," she taunts the soon-to-be divorcee. Subsequently, Julie's Uncle Mickey, having noticed the lights were on, stops by to see Diane Hunter. She is depressed. He brings comforting words. "Deep down inside, teens love and need parents."

• Members

DJ's death had some really good acting from DH.  Probably her best work.  Marlena does talk about the death from time to time, although I think it's been years, but it's still in Marlena's story cannon, unlike her rape which is never discussed.  She did really good work there as well.  Also when Samantha died.  DH can be really good.  It's weird how she has devolved into moans and histrionics now.   I think you can find all this stuff hidden on you tube, but it's a chore.

• Members

Does anyone remember this storyline? I know 1987-89 is messy:

Played by Camilla More (Gillian, and later Grace, left) and Carey More (Grace, right) - Real life twin sisters.

Gillian had Grace come to town New Years Eve, 1986 to pretend to be Gillian, while Gillian killed Emma Marshall. Gillian framed Kim for the murder, so she could have Shane. Gillian was caught when Shane noticed she was acting quite strange. On a trip to London, Shane found Grace and brought her to Salem to help him catch Gillian. Once Gillian was taken to jail, Camilla More began to play the role of Grace, and Carey More left Days. Grace was later killed by the Riverfront Knifer.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

It's like Days had the thought that, "Whoops, Gillian is irredeemable, so let's start Camilla More fresh."

Except they did jack squat with Grace.

I don't think Days really ever knew what to do with Gillian, either. She starts as Shane's snippy partner. Gillian's kinda villain-y, but for a brief second Days flirts with her actually being a victim. That's dropped quite quickly as they kill Emma in the exact same manner they killed Renee three years earlier, right down to a similar speech by Emma.

At this point the list of Things Keeping Shane and Kimberly Apart are too overegged and Gillian is wasted for a wedding that should have been done a year earlier.