DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Agree!  Also, she, like Susan Seaforth Hayes, has the ability to light up the screen with just her face.  All any director or camera person has to do is put the camera on her and the rest takes care of itself.

• Members

Her phrasing and performance abilities are perfect for the soap chanteuse format. That song was mostly the same guff which seemed to spin around in the late '70s and early '80s from one 30something easy listening songstress to another (the part about the Great Wall of China feels very "someone lost a bet"), but she makes it work. Fitting that she was crossing over with Patty Weaver, who did the same. (is it me or does Trish seem out of place with this period? Then again so does Abe...)

The Doug and Julie scenes were also worth the watch. I am sure some people might have found their double act annoying, but for me it works, and the mix of comedy and banter between them during all the high drama feels real. SSH also looks very chic here.

• Members

I love Diane Sommerfield as Val and wish the show had kept her kong-term!

Felt like the 1st time Val and Trish met...? They didn’t meet in the 70s?

Who is Evan sitting with?

Last question, can the soap gods please gift us with every episode from Pat Falken-Smith’s run?

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

To point one, agreed. I like how they kinda cast Vanessa Williams to more to resemble Diane Sommerfield than Tina Andrews. I see similarities in their mannerisms and voice.

To the second, no, there was a line Trish said to Liz about running into a friend. The tension is probably just from Trish being tense about David being on the run (he was presumed to be the Strangler at this point by the Salem PD, and was on the run for shooting Alex, I believe?)

Evan is sitting with Renee, it looks like.

I'd take even a few full episodes. These clips are KILLING me, I want MOOOORE. LOL!