Jump to content

DAYS behind the scenes, articles/photos


Recommended Posts

FROM THE VAULT: 50 YEARS AGO THIS WEEK:

 

Here's a look at who was taping "Days" episodes exactly 50 years ago this week.

 

158710174_2052065114935752_5743028171649

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, JAS0N47 said:

FROM THE VAULT: 50 YEARS AGO THIS WEEK:

 

Here's a look at who was taping "Days" episodes exactly 50 years ago this week.

 

Wow...it's interesting to see how small the cast was the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Been watching some old Don and Marlena clips lately including the ones where Don “raped” her. 
 

In the scene, Don grabs Marlena, throws her on the bed and kisses her. He then realizes what he’s doing and lets her go. Marlena then proceeds to grab him and pull him back on top of her. Subsequent scenes between the two of them show that it was not considered rape by anyone and even the Tune in Tomorrow synopses describe it as a one night stand. 
 

I think that nowadays it would cause a pretty serious debate as to whether it was rape or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AbcNbc247 said:

Been watching some old Don and Marlena clips lately including the ones where Don “raped” her. 
 

In the scene, Don grabs Marlena, throws her on the bed and kisses her. He then realizes what he’s doing and lets her go. Marlena then proceeds to grab him and pull him back on top of her. Subsequent scenes between the two of them show that it was not considered rape by anyone and even the Tune in Tomorrow synopses describe it as a one night stand. 
 

I think that nowadays it would cause a pretty serious debate as to whether it was rape or not.

 

I just watched that scene and it is disturbing.  When she slaps him and he lifts his arm to hit her back and Marlena flinches expecting Don to hit her.  And then Don throws her on the bed.  Yuck.

 

I don't know if I consider it rape.  Marlena does respond back and I think Don would have stopped had she told him to.  The whole scene is just so dysfunctional and toxic.  And it clearly was something Marlena almost immediately regretted.  I don't know.  It definitely can be debated and it turned my off to that pairing forever.

 

  I watched through the Kellam rape and I was shocked how good Deidre Hall was.  So free of the tics and gasping and moaning she does now.  She was just great in that story.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, carolineg said:

The whole scene is just so dysfunctional and toxic.  And it clearly was something Marlena almost immediately regretted.  I don't know.  It definitely can be debated and it turned my off to that pairing forever.

 

  I watched through the Kellam rape and I was shocked how good Deidre Hall was.  So free of the tics and gasping and moaning she does now.  She was just great in that story.

Yeah, to me it just didn't seem necessary, especially considering that were already divorced and were not getting back together.

 

And agreed on DH handling the rape very well. She was amazing... and not a gasp or deep breath in sight lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AbcNbc247 said:

Yeah, to me it just didn't seem necessary, especially considering that were already divorced and were not getting back together.

 

And agreed on DH handling the rape very well. She was amazing... and not a gasp or deep breath in sight lol

 

I would assume there were plans to eventually reunite Don/Marlena?  Until the whole Roman stuff took off.  Don was hanging around Marlena through most of the Salem Strangler stuff, but I always thought Don was a horrible husband and they shouldn't reunite.  Don is a character that doesn't hold up very well overtime with his sexist, condescending ideas about women.  And that scene is just very uncomfortable. 

There is a pretty famous John/Marlena scene from the early 2000's where John carries Marlena against her will like a caveman through Salem Place!! and then seduces her basically against her will that I have always hated too and it was considered sexy.  Gross.

Also, neither here nor there, but why was Josh Fallon always around Marlena during both the rape and some of the Strangler stuff.  Was the show testing them as a couple?  It definitely seems that way, but I have never really heard anything to back that up.  Josh just seems very invested in Marlena at the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, carolineg said:

Also, neither here nor there, but why was Josh Fallon always around Marlena during both the rape and some of the Strangler stuff.  Was the show testing them as a couple?  It definitely seems that way, but I have never really heard anything to back that up.  Josh just seems very invested in Marlena at the time.

That's what I thought too when I saw the clips of them together and little Johnny wanting them to be his mom and dad. I'm guessing that had Nina Laemmle stayed a little longer, that might've happened.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AbcNbc247 said:

That's what I thought too when I saw the clips of them together and little Johnny wanting them to be his mom and dad. I'm guessing that had Nina Laemmle stayed a little longer, that might've happened.

I hated little Johnny.  He had awful taste.  He wanted Kellam to be his dad too.

 

There were a few scenes of Josh/Don sparring over Marlena and other characters mentioning them "dating".  How random.  I can't say I am disappointed that didn't work out, although at least Marlena was in Josh's age range.  Unlike Jessica lol.  I wonder what a pairing between the two would have looked like.  Not exciting from what I can tell...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I liked best Deidra and Wayne Northrop (the original roman Brady). but they only lasted together for a total of 6 years (1981-1984, 1991-1994). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My sense with Joshua Fallon was the the show was trying really hard to position him as the new leading man, so they played him heavily with their most popular stars. He also got a fair amount of screen time with Julie, for rather contrived story reasons.

 

A lot of people here like him, but I found him very off-putting. (He was a fair sight better than the next guy in the role, however.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

From the little bits.  I've seen of Josh i liked him. I though he had great chemistry with Marlena. I can't see him with prissy immature Jessica.

Edited by victoria foxton
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, teplin said:

My sense with Joshua Fallon was the the show was trying really hard to position him as the new leading man, so they played him heavily with their most popular stars. He also got a fair amount of screen time with Julie, for rather contrived story reasons.

 

A lot of people here like him, but I found him very off-putting. (He was a fair sight better than the next guy in the role, however.)

That would make sense.  I kept wondering why he was around so much and why he was the first person to find Marlena after the rape.  I thought it meant something.

I don't know if I find him off-putting in these clips, which are Marlena-centric, but I find him out of place.  He just seems like a run of the mill, bland, soap hunk.

9 hours ago, victoria foxton said:

From the little bits.  I've seen of Josh i liked him. I though he had great chemistry with Marlena. I can't see him with prissy immature Jessica.

I wouldn't say there was great chemistry between Joshua and Marlena, but I thought he was very kind to her after the rape and a good friend.  I just kept thinking Marlena has a lot of other friends, so where are they? 

I don't understand why Jessica/Joshua were popular.  Jessica was lame.  At least they created an exciting son (until he was ruined).  On the show, did it say if Jessica/Josh were still together when Nick arrived?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Community Activity

    1. 37,063

      The Politics Thread

    2. 9,455

      The Tennis Thread

    3. 88

      Y&R May 2021 Discussion Thread

    4. 11,530

      As The World Turns Discussion Thread

    5. 88

      Y&R May 2021 Discussion Thread

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy