DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

From what I have seen of DJ's death (not much mostly the actual death and a little of the aftermath), it was very well acted.  Deidre has her same hysterics, but it actually fit the moment.  We don't get Don's feelings, but we don't get much of Marlena's feelings either.  She seems to have moved on by this point or completely closed herself off about it.  She doesn't even talk to her bff Kellam about it that much.

I guess I forgot about Liz's attraction to Don because of all the stuff with Neil.  Don't Liz and Don make an actually go of things (sorry to spoil future recaps lol)?  The breakup of Don/Marlena is kind of the nail in coffin for Don.  He really gets no viable love interest after that (I am not counting Maggie).  While Marlena moves on to Roman and the popularity leaves Don out of the picture, as I sort of assume the end game was to have Don/Marlena reunite?  Before Roman/Marlena took off? 

No idea about Sunny Chandler.  Google gives you a bunch of articles about Sonny/Will when you try to look her up and she doesn't have a soap wiki or soapcentral bio so I guess we may never know.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Slightly related, but I feel like 1983-84 was the last hurrah for DAYS' "normal" middle-aged or close enough set at that time. The Mickey/Maggie/Don and Liz/Neil/Marie triangles were wrapping up or would peter out, and Doug and Julie would be on their way out. Alex was there, but overshadowed by Stefano.

• Members

For a while they did. They actually got married, but then Tony showed up claiming that he and Liz were still married so her and Don's marriage was invalid. Idk why but they broke up after that and I think Liz went back to Neil briefly. But then Tony and Stefano threatened to kill Neil unless Liz went back to Tony. Neil then turned to Marie. 

• Members

And Kristen lol.  I mean, by 1986 I am sure it's all water under the bridge, but it is funny.  I would never choose somebody who willingly helped break up my 1st marriage to sing at my 2nd (3rd) husband's wedding ceremony.  But Tamara Price did and we got Lani out of it (that's sarcasm there) so it all ends well.  Ridgecrest is a really good story.  I wish it was still on you tube.

• Members

When Pat Falken Smith came in in 1981, Tomlin and Poteet-Lisanti were given huge kudos in the press for just keeping Days steady.

Jon-Michael Reed seemed to be a fan of Laemmle's. When she left, he praised how the characters were beginning to fit into the framework.

A year later, he said:

Nothing else named either of the duo between hiring and Falken Smith coming in.

• Members

Some stats for September and October

Mike appearances

Sept 2,4,  9, 10, 11 

Nothing in October

Trish

Sept 1, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23. 24

Oct 10, 14. 16, 21, 29

So Mike was established as getting an apartment and a new job then nothing while Trish is getting one or two appearances a week.

Victoria Wallis is an interesting character in that she may have been set up by Laemmle as a new love interest for Mickey long term while Maggie gets involved with Kyle or just a fill in lawyer while John Clarke was off the show for whatever reason.

Once Laemmle is gone so is Victoria despite Tune in Tomorrow saying she becomes Mickey's partner.

John Clarke was off from Aug 26 till Oct 16 a 3 week break.

Tod #1 last appearance Aug 16 Paul Keenan debuts as Tod#2 Sept 24

• Members

Speaking of the revolving door, how much longer does Wesley Eure have left at this point? Has Melinda Fee jointed the cast yet as the new Mary?

ETA: Just looked it up. Eure apparently is done in January 1981, but Mike will return that May. Melinda joins in January, with Mary returning after an absence beginning in November 1980. Oh, and David and Scotty will be back in March 1981.

Edited by Franko