• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Me too. I've always liked Joy.

That said, I'm actually looking forward to seeing Jenny McCarthy join the panel. The anti-vaccination stuff might be a bit extreme, but I understand where she's coming from as a mother concerned for her son, and I've always liked her and think she seems nice and smarter than most would give her credit for given her Playboy past (ditto Pam Anderson--except that my issue with her is her support of PETA).

And I'm THRILLED that Hasselbeck will be gone soon, but that goes without saying smile.png .

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Members

The View has pretty much jumped the shark at this point. They used to talk about real issues, political stuff, etc, but now it's mainly pablum. I think part of the reason was because Elizabeth often would be a bit juvenile when discussing harder topics. I remember when Bill Maher was on last year and she made the entire segment about her and the fact that she was offended by some dumb joke he made about her on his show. She was not always professional.

Now they choose Jenny McCarthy? Sorry, but there are SO many better choices. Her dangerous vaccine opinions alone turns me off, though. Wentworth would have been very good. I also like the Campos gal for a conservative view.

Margaret Cho is campaigning for a job there, too. I would LOVE her on that show. It would bring some life back into it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Are they on hiatus or still churning out episodes for the summer? When does Joy leave? I read on here that they were interested in Hoda Kotb. Hoda needs to stay right where she is. She and KL are a perfect pair.

• Members

This week is the final week. On friday (the pretaped show), Joy is leaving. I have a feeling they are going to do what they did back in 2006 when both Merridith and Star left, they brought in Rosie to replace Merri but then they had a rotating list of guest hosts for the other chair. From what Barbara said, I have a feeling that is what will happen all this new season (starting in September). Then if they come back for the next season after that (2014-2015), they might replace that chair permantly.

I wonder if Barbara is really going to give up the View. I bet she'll be working behind the scenes. This is a woman who's worked for the past 50 years. When she started on the View in 1997, she was also doing 20/20, and she was doing three or four specials in one year. She wasn't young then either. They brought Joy on to fill a "chair" on the days Barbara was off but then she got good reviews and they made her full time.