The View

YRBB

• Members

I always thought The View was derivative nonsense (and I think Baba has been a national joke for a long time), but this is another of those "don't let this show be her legacy" articles).

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/04/08/don-t-remember-barbara-walters-for-the-view.html

What a surprise that she feels the show needs more right wing voices. That's what Fox News is for, Baba.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

As a (man who lives with his) mom, I do think "The View" needs to re-invent itself if it wants to stay on the air. The show needs to stop with all the tabloid-chasing nonsense and get back to its roots as a serious (or as serious as one could get in that particular format) and thought-provoking talk show led by a panel of competent, informed women. "Miss Celie & Friends" ain't it.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I guess to me the show was never serious. They tried, somewhat, with Meredith Viera, but even in the early days the only thing anyone remembered was that Debbie Metenopolous was dumb.

It just feels like a dated and generic concept that is still on mostly because nothing else would replace it anyway.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Paternity Court is much more entertaining trash and wins the timeslot for me. Over the past few weeks, I've given The View a try but I get so bored with it and I can hardly watch more than a few minutes. The show has grown too glossy, it's soulless. The male guest co-hosts are so flat and I'm always like, "Who the !@#$%^&*] is that? Am I supposed to know him?" Jenny is nice to look at, sitting there wearing her smart glasses, but she lacks spark. They are missing a key co-host personality. And it's hardly some strident conservative. Someone hilarious, smart, and a little loud, but without Joy's mugging or Rosie's easily hurt feelings and conspiracy theories.

• Members

I realize her own show was a failure, but I think Jane Pauley might make a good replacement as lead moderator on that panel if -- and only if -- she had the right mix of co-hosts to work with. She was what she was on "Today," after all, b/c of the chemistry she shared with everyone else (Bryant Gumbel, Willard Scott, Gene Shalit, etc.).