Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For me, it's an issue, because Gary always has been the one who cared most about Southfork, not J.R. or even Bobby. That's why J.R. always considered Gary "weak," because while he was off wildcatting with Jock and his cronies, Gary was happier being under his mama on old man Southworth's land.

Also, this is DALLAS, not FALCON CREST. They really need to save the whole "The land, always the land" jive for the Channings and Giobertis.

• Members

I think it would be very wise for all you guys to do the weekly Dallas survey after each episode. You can give your opinion on everything from character to the story and they ask interesting questions. If TNT is seriously paying to the fans comments it could really go a long way.

Here's the link: https://www.tvinnerc...10&fromdetect=1

An example:

1zewgfp.png

1zywphu.png

• Members

You are so pessimistic. Why do you think Mad Men can afford bad ratings but Dallas can't? They're both basic cable. Dallas's ratings are not bad by any barometer. It was the #1 cable show last week, and it was the #1 cable show last night. I believe last week it was just flat out the #1 show in its timeslot cable or broadcast. TNT is not going to cancel this so fast nor should they.

What cable shows with this level of promotion have had higher? Leave HBO shows out of it, we are talking basic cable. I think Mad Men's audience is approximately half what Dallas' is and I bet their budget is higher being a period piece.

Archived