Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I think it's extremely likely that Rebecca is Pamela Rebecca Cooper, Cliff's daughter with Afton. I'm not sure about Tommy....maybe he is a later child that Afton had with someone else.

ON EDIT: Or maybe they are twins and Cliff (along with the audience) never knew that he had a son, as well as a daughter.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder if Rebecca and Tommy are half-siblings. They're both Cliff's children but they have different mothers. The plot thickens! And if this version of Dallas ever wanted to go for some gayness, they could've easily decided to make it Christopher. Let me just say that Jesse Metcalfe makes it work, so to speak.

• Members

If anyone in this bunch is gay, it's John Ross. If Christopher were to "come out," sure, Bobby might have reservations, at first. However, one talk with Ann, and he'd come around, realizing that Pam and Miss Ellie would have loved him regardless. But John Ross? J.R.'s son? Oh, he'd disowned the boy in a minute, which would just the restart the whole feud between him (J.R.) and Sue Ellen over what was best for their son.

And then there's Christopher and Elena, and how the discovery of John Ross' hidden sexuality (and possible tryst with "Tommy"?) would play into their reunion.

See, now Tommy has to be Cliff's son, because hooking him up with John Ross would just bring the Barnes/Ewing feud to a whole new level.

• Members

One thing I have an issue with is that JR was never really about Southfork, he was about Ewing Oil and the show has not even mentioned Ewing Oil once. He would have no problem with Bobby owning Southfork because Bobby is a Ewing. And Bobby would have John Ross and Christopher living at the house because even though it is not realistic it is just what Ewings do. Living together in seclusion is what makes them Ewings.

• Members

This episode was a million times better than the first two. The pacing was normal finally with longer scenes and just enough plot. I still find all the female characters bland, with Elena being a total disaster, but overall it was a good effort. Is it because Cynthia Cidre didn't write the episode? I noticed the dialogue was much better. The humor was well done and consistent and we didn't have any cheesy, soapy lines. It's a shame this writer didn't do episode two, because I worry there will be a big drop off in ratings from the pilot. I feel whoever wrote this episode has a better handle on the dialogue at least, which would go a long way in impressing people.

I'm excited about the series again, but I'm still a bit wary. It's not surprising we didn't see Sue Ellen considering how boring Linda Gray wants her. I didn't miss Sue Ellen either, I don't think she's needed. Lucy would be better served as a series regular at this point.

Archived