Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually liked Donna Culver Krebs (yes even in her final year when her hair was bigger than the state of Texas). I know she was a little "too strong" for the old Dallas where the men ruled but i think she would have been a great addition to the new cast. especially if they are going to do "Sue Ellen govenor" story. Wouldn't it be great if she ran into Donna again. Even for one episode. Donna would be suprised to see a strong new Sue Ellen. They didn't have much to talk about in the old serise because Donna was politics and Sue Ellen was Mrs. Ewing witgh an addiction problem. kind of like a "How do you like me now!" type storyline.

• Members

Donna was brilliant. I loved her chemistry with JR (which should've been used more) and I LOVED the very short period when Donna took over Ewing Oil after Bobby was shot. They should've played the hell out of that. I'm re-watching the original and can't WAIT to see Donna again. Right now I'm watching the episode where we find out Kristen shot JR. It's weird how vivid these female characters are complared to those of today. Even Lucy is still well written at this point. And everytime I see Pam I understand why people keep asking for her on this new show. Victoria Principal has such a presence, even when the writing let her down (which was often).

• Members

No one is more interesting than Cersei Lannister on Game Of Thrones, and Spartacus had Ilythia and Lucretia. Dallas had and I guess has Sue Ellen. The Killng's top cop was a woman. I don't think it is totally true that TV is afraid of interesting women.

Someone was talking about Donna Culver. I loved Donna almost til the end because she had her own power base and JR knew it and that's why he couldn't stand her. From her very first appearance she was sticking it to JR when he tried to blackmail her and she wound up siding with Cliff as payback. She was just a little too pure towards the end and her virtuous perfection eventually became a little dull. The marriage to Ray hit a dramatic brick wall.

• Members

Except, unlike w/ Brenda Strong, I totally believe(d) Barbara Bel Geddes, as Miss Ellie, had the capacity to cap someone's ass. Then again, maybe I just have Miss Ellie confused with that housewife BBG played once on "Alfred Hitchcock Presents."

• Members

Lucy Lawless was the front man, so to speak, for Spartacus and got all the PR attention except for when the star died and the replacement came in. Obviously then the press was curious. Being the only famous name, it was Lawless who wound up doing the interviews for the most part.

• Members

Fired is not the correct word considering her husband runs the show. Almost the entire cast got written out when their story wrapped up. They said they could have kept her on to be a 3rd tier character or send her out in a blaze of glory. That's the route they decided on and they were right to do so.

Archived