Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Actually, I was fully expecting them to go all Cutter/Aubrey Wentworth and kiss instead of clink beer bottles. But yeah, I think they are just grifters. A Barnes connection would be interesting though I think they'd be more sympathetic towards Christopher. Maybe they're the kids of the late Hillary Taylor/Sheila Foley. tongue.png

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My theory: Rebecca's "brother" is, in fact, J.R. and Cally's son. He resents his mother, now deceased, never acknowledged that the Ewings were his family, so he has teamed up with his partner-in-crime (Rebecca) in order to infiltrate the clan and get what is rightfully theirs. (Of course, look for him to double-cross Rebecca in a BIG way.)

• Members

Jordana Brewster vexes me. I have always thought that she was so pretty since her ATWT days, but I kept going back and forth with her watching tonight. I think she needs to put on a few and always have bangs because she was looking like an alien a little too often. And them faces she be makin. Reminded me of this little one:

Hmmm, innnntristing...

• Members

Ms Ann from the Ultimate Dallas website posted something spot on about the difference between the original 5 episode first season and the new series (so far).

This is exactly what I was getting at. It's so plot driven, but right now so many characters blend together. If we doesn't know them or care about them, why would we care who sent the email or the other predictable plot driven stories? There are no characters.

• Members

I thought of that too. The show has so much potential...I mean everyone who was anyone on Dallas had children....they could even bring back Mandy Winger's daughter she had offscreen flirt with John Ross and milk him for his money...with Sue Ellen not having a clue....this could work if done correctly.

• Members

I officially declare a moratorium on posting current Joan Van Ark photos. In ALL threads.

Network execs and writers have forgotten that what draws people into shows (and soaps) are the characters and not the plots. You can't ask an audience who is watching for the first time (or catching up after two decades away) to give a crap about whoever sent some damn email. They're still getting their bearings.

• Members

That would be clever. Then John Ross would have an even bigger enemy. Then for season two you can have a JR's new son team up with a recast James Beaumont to try and cut John Ross out, thus cementing John Ross as the new Cliff Barnes.

Archived