Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cliff got so old. I felt bad watching him and JR as shadows of their former selves. Still, it was nice to see him. Jesse Metcalfe is more handsome than I realized. One little thing that I liked as a Dallas geek was that the floorplan stayed the same.laugh.png You walk in and then there is the little foyer and to one side is the living room where cocktails were served and to the other side was the dining room where everyone ate together. That stayed the same. I also loved that the show remembered one of Jock's quotes, that real power is something you take. He actually said that on the show and I am glad someone writing this actually cares about the little things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGdfPtW56fo

Linda Gray said in interviews people would be disappointed at first in her lack of presence but that her story picks up and picks up as the series goes on. Bobby is an idiot, but JR isn't much better. Once these people own Southfork and the oil underneath it, why do they even have to resell it to JR for 14%? Why not just keep it for 100%?

• Members

I think that is to his benefit. John Ross is oily so JH sort of looks the part. The moustache, the sneaky look, the guy just has a creepy look to him. I don't mind him at all. All the new people seem decent. It's not like any of their roles are so complex, they just have to be earnest and say the lines like they believe them.

• Members

I was wondering but wouldnt it be great if Rebecca and Tommy were Katherine's kids?? I know she didnt have any on screen...I would love them to go the Mandy Winger route too.....so many possibilities but they are probably Cliff's kids.

• Members

Yes, I realize I'm being all "nit-picky." Nevertheless, it must be said: J.R. (and LH) looked so out of place in that meeting with the Venezuelan dudes. In a way, though, the scene encapsulates my main concern with the series overall: as awesome as it is to "revisit" the Ewings and continue their stories, the truth is, DALLAS belongs in the past; and all the visual flourishes (wide-screen, HD, tighter angles, more use of steadicams, etc.) that the new series has incorporated in order to make it more "contemporary" succeed only in making these vets (LH, Duffy, Gray, KK, etc.) stick out all the more.

Archived