Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I agree.

But John Ross is lacking that dynamic element that made J.R., Alexis, Abby, Angela, Sable, Zach, et cetera, so special... they were completely laid back in their villainy, at times, even soft-spoken. John Ross is a huffer and a puffer and you just know that this little [!@#$%^&*] is gonna get his, and he's gonna get it soon. I think the aforementioned heavies' understated, close to the vest scheming was more delicious to watch. I wouldn't mind seeing a character, male or female, a little more like that and less obvious and blustery with their "badness" as John Ross is being played.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I could be wrong, but I thought Jeff Faraday's death had been established years earlier. And when I said we heard about it when Lisa came to town, what I meant was that Bobby was talking about how Faraday had died--it was Bobby, I believe, who referenced his death. Lisa didn't "break the news" or anything like that.

• Members

Totally did not recognize Cliff till he was named. Man does he look old. Patrick Duffy has aged remarkable well in comparison to his costars.

Did they kill off Ms Ellie in the original series?

Didnt see the twist at the end with Rebecca sending the letter. I thought for sure it was John Ross and he was lying

Speaking of lying, I thought JR was playing John Ross when he instantly got over the Marta double cross and was all about helping him. I thought he was going to try and teach him a lesson.

• Members

Whoever does the show now must have a low opinion of her, between John Ross badmouthing her (and I guess this is supposed to be hot or hilarious) and the claims that she was in a mental institution. I guess considering the lousy writing and casting for all women on this show, they would have no use for Miss Ellie.

• Members

JF was murdered by drug dealers he stiffed. Bobby turned Kojak and get the two men arrested for first degree murder.

She is going to teach him the lesson. That woman is batshit nuts. The new Katherine, as it were.

• Members

Ok...so my cousin called to ask if I had read the National Enquirer...about how Josh and Jesse dont get along on the set...how they hate each other and how Larry Hagman doesnt care for Jesse Metcalf....lol....

• Members

Granted I was only an extra on two episodes, but I thought it was a very professional set. I found more diva behavior from the extras than the main cast. I only got to work with the younger cast and they were all very nice. Josh was very friendly and treated the extras like real people so I'm inclined to believe that's how he is. If there *is* any truth to Jesse being jealous it might be true because I know he kinda has a reputation in hollywood, but I didn't see that. Leonor (Marta) also seemed adorable. Brenda Strong also came off like a total professional. Seeing her in person showed me just how brilliant Ann could be if the writers let her. She has such a strong energy that I haven't seen a writer capture since Aaron Sorkin on Sports Night. Give her some comedy, some edge and let her be a true ballbuster without those silly rifle scenes. Let the writing back her up and she'll do the rest. She doesn't need gimmicks!

• Members

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...al-appear-show

Dallas 2.0 is a hit with stellar ratings, but producers of the TNT reboot are desperate to have Victoria Principal appear on the show as fan favorite Pam Ewing and are pulling out all the stops to try and make it happen, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

As we previously reported, the new version of Dallas, the smash-hit prime-time soap that was as 80s as hair metal, follows a new generation of Ewings, who are even more ruthless than their parents.

When we return to the Lone Star State, John Ross Ewing III (Josh Henderson), son of J.R. (Larry Hagman), is determined to drill for oil on family land. Meanwhile, cousin Christopher (Jesse Metcalfe), the adopted son of J.R.'s little brother Bobby (Patrick Duffy), has a secret plan to bring the family into the alternative-energy business.

Victoria Principal, 62, has a successful skincare line, Principal Secret, and she hasn't appeared on camera in years. However, the ageless beauty isn't ruling out reprising the iconic role. "The producers have been in talks with Victoria since the new series was given a green light. The producers are begging her to appear on the show. Victoria hasn't closed the door on returning to the show, even in a limited capacity. The producers have told her they will work around her schedule because they know how busy she is with her beauty empire, and she is a wildly successful businesswoman. It's the number one question that Patrick Duffy, who was Victoria's small screen hubby, Bobby Ewing gets asked, where is Pam Ewing, and is Victoria coming back," a source close to the situation tells us.

One wrinkle is that the show is now filmed entirely in Dallas, unlike the original which was filmed in Los Angeles. "Victoria views filming in Dallas as problematic because of her skincare line, and she is based in Los Angeles," the source says.

Meanwhile, there is an effort by Principal's fans on Facebook, "The Come Back To Dallas, Victoria Principal," to bring her back to the show. "Victoria wasn't as close to Patrick Duffy, Larry Hagman and Linda Gray, who have remained very close since the show went off the air. She has tremendous respect for them, especially Patrick. She is hesitant to come back because she feels that chapter in her life is over, but the producers are hopeful they can get her to agree to come back," the insider tells us.

The last time viewers saw Principal on Dallas, she had an unspecified terminal illness, and left Bobby and their adopted son, Christopher, to die peacefully. Bobby Ewing has since remarried and is now battling cancer, but that doesn't rule out Pam returning. "Remember, this is the show that had the infamous season when Pam's character dreamed that Bobby was dead. Patrick had left the show, and then had decided to come back, the only way they could get away with it was by saying that Pam had dreamed the entire season. It's safe to say there won't be anymore dream storylines, but it is Dallas, and it wouldn't he hard to bring Principal's character back, the only obstacle is getting Victoria to agree to it," the source says.

• Members

I read that Pam was recasted in the original series. How many episodes did the recast do and was she well recieved or hated? Would people accept her maknig an appearance? It seems like a sh-tty thing that she just abandoned her kid and has had nothing to do with him pretty much his entire life

• Members

Oh Vicki, just do it already.tongue.png

She did Titans with a full Principal Secret schedule, so I'm sure they could make this work. Thing is, you can't half-ass a back from the dead Pam story. We're not talking nabbing Pricilla Beaulieu Presley for a visit from Jenna here. This is a huge frontburner story with Bobby and Christopher (and Ann). And I'd much rather see Pam alive than any dream/ghost type crap, so if they can't make it work, just forget it.

Archived