GH: August Discussion Thread

• Members

I agree, she looks very young on camera,(heck off camera too). I don't think that she looks good with people like Ethan and Johnny, (when she was pretending to date him). She does seem like a little girl around them and just doesn't fit in with them, IMO.

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This was a good episode. KMc was surprisingly good, and even JT didn't suck. Elsewhere, Claire is completely redeemed. If she was dead to me, now she is the undead.

Did everyone see this really cool Sonny commercial? It's like Sin City or The Spirit. I love the FX, it is just visually the best commercial ever I think, but I like this type of stuff

• Members

^Thanks for sharing, quartermainefan. It does look cool, I like the idea behind it. I wonder if there are more..

Love Claire getting her revenge. But what's Sonny going to do when all the charges are dropped on him (like we know will happen)??? Like Sonny is really going to be punished and put into jail like Claire wants!!

Kimberly McCullough did so good today...the scenes between Robin and Patrick were great. Loved the last scene, especially the parts where there was no background music playing. JMO, but I really think Robin should leave Patrick for good after this.

• Members
You cant hardly compare them. Skye wasnt brought back to bring in viewers. She was barely on and her returned got absolutely NO promotion or advertisement. She was just there, appearing a couple of times a month and it was only in her last 2 weeks that she actually got something that could remotely be considered a story.

• Members
Brenda has, thus far, accomplished some of the things I've hoped for:

I blame Guza wanting to slowly propel her into the action as the reason why this has flopped. When you have someone that important to ratings coming back to your show, they don't need to spend a month talking to dayplayers to get viewers reacquainted. But you don't need to throw them immediately into anything either.

Guza overestimated how important Brenda was to the canvas and how much patience fans would have waiting for her to return.

• Members

It's always possible to overestimate Brenda's impact, and they were obviously going for a more complicated entry but it's fallen flat.

They should have gone one of two ways - not tell anyone she's returning that BAMB. Or do what they did then start her with a bang, not a whimper.

But they brought her on much like they've been bring TG back from vacation - last scene revelation. The problem is that doesn't work anymore in our overly spoiled show.

• Members

They should just get her in hot love scenes with Brad Rowe. I don't have a huge problem with watching Brenda's perfect little world get constructed for a few weeks so we can then understand what is being destroyed when the time comes (and I bet Murphy will die somehow) but modern soaps seem to no longer have an audience which will accept two months of exposition.

And this format reminds me of how Luke spent months--months--thought dead on the mountain interacting with day players setting up the story of the Prometheus Disk. I don't think anyone tuned out or anything.

• Members

Yeah and that's the catch 22. Soaps haven't been able to find that middle ground where things move quickly enough to keep the modern audiences attention, while not becoming completely plot driven. I'm more like you, I have a ton of patience and I like the set up of Brenda's return. I like the scenes of her in Italy, but I don't think that's exciting enough to grab the kind of attention they were hoping for. They thought the name Brenda would be enough to pull people back, but after 7 years a lot of those old fans are gone for good.

• Members

I cant beleive Dante and Lulu spent the entire episode having the same conversation.

OMG, Kristina STFU. I hate how schizo she is. Now she's a Sonny supporter?

nikscar.jpg

Anyone knows why he has a big scar on his arm? Never noticed it till today

OMG, I cant beleive Lisa is pressing charges against Robin....this bitch is too fun

• Members

This Patrick/Robin/Lisa storyline really is getting good. The only good storyline currently on this show. Too bad theyre too busy promoting Jason/Sam, Dante/Lulu, and Sonny/Brenda.

OMG does anyone have duck tape for Lulus mouth? Didnt she sleep with Georgies boyfriend? Karmas a b!tch!

Archived