GH: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Elizabeth just decides to get on a plane and go to California for a few weeks without telling Lucky?

She needs to take her OLD ass somewhere and sit down. If she is going to be a cougar than she needs to own it bc when I see her with Johnny, she acts more like his mother, than love interestt. The past few weeks, she's done nothing but lecture him, disapprove of his actions and yell at him. It may be bc he's the same age as her own son but its about time she get her foot out of the clubhouse and leave him alone. I hope when Johnny wakes up, BB walks in on him having sex with Brook, bc that girl is hungry for some action and has been eyeing him from day one. BB can then leave town in disgrace, thats if she doesnt get killed

• Members

I still like the IDEA of the character of Brenda. I liked her relationships with Jax and Sonny in the 90's. I loved it. Just like most people. And I liked her return in 2002, except for the fact that they sh*t all over Robin Christopher for her...And what did she do? She bailed in six months. But, I digress.

This time, I just feel like it's a bit contrived. It's boring. And there's no real plot to it. I thought for sure we would see a little bit of her in Rome, preparing for her return, similar to how we saw some of Robin in Paris' when she returned.

It's just too hard to believe that she's yearning for Sonny and he's on her mind all the time. And like Jane said, it makes no sense in terms of chronology, because the last time we saw her Jax was the love of her life. She only wanted him, and his babies, and his everything. But he left her at the altar...And now she's back to Sonny. It just makes her look a little pathetic, because her whole romantic history is running back and forth between two men after each of them dumps her at the altar, respectively.

And she's not even remembering fond memories of him. She's remembering nasty times, memories that were big parts of the reason they never worked as a couple. But instead of those memories repulsing her, making her remember why the man is posion to her, and pushing her to commit herself to a wholeseome, loving man who will cherish her (Murphy)...It makes her yearn for Sonny. Which is the EXACT opposite of what the scenes in the flashbacks were supposed to do for Brenda, and us viewers.

Honestly, with Robin going through so much right now...Her husband cheating, a psycho after her, kidnapping her babies...And especially with

, it would have made more sense for Brenda to be ushered in through Robin. Robin could use a friend, and Brenda was her best. And with the emotional rollercoaster she's been on, it was the perfect time for Brenda to swoop in and help her old BFF.

And of course Sonny and Jax would swoon for her. She'd giggle and play along, only for her FIANCE Murphy to swoop in. And of course she announces that the wedding will be right there in Port Charles. And obviously drama would ensue, so on and so on.

• Members

I think she's a decent soap actress. She takes a lot of flack, but I think a lot of that is due to being one more women brought on for nothing other than to be Sonny's woman. Strangely, he hasn't managed to land her in his bed yet, but the perception is there that it's only a matter of time. It didn't help that they snatched Kate's background story and gave it to Olivia. That was so weak.

Today Olivia had some good lines about how she's going to accept Johnny the way that he is. I think that had to happen if this relationship was going to continue. Sure, I'd rather see her be smarter than the rest of the mob molls and actually stay away from someone who is surrounded by car bombs and bullets, but hey, this is GH. Even wealthy women with active careers like Brenda pine for a life of near death experiences with a mobster years after she barely escaped with her life.

The funniest part of Olivia and Johnny to me is that I don't think she looks that much older than he does, meanwhile we are supposed to think their relationship is scandalous or convention breaking in some big way. Johnny has always looked about 35 to me. Actually, Dante looks like he should be 30 something as well. . It's too bad that soaps are so afraid to cast women in their 40's. The result has been a bunch of 35 year old women who are supposedly the mother's of 30 year old children. It never looks believable.

• Members

Does Wyndemere castle have a dining room table?! Yesterday, Liz and Nik's boys were just lounging on that couch eating pancakes, and today they were eating lunch or whatever off of it to! What is up with that??? LOL I just think that is weird.

That aside, I think Liz/Nik work so well together...I love the way Nik treats Liz with respect. Also love how he's stepped us a father not only to Spencer, but Cam & Jake to! He has really turned around in that department. Sad that he won't be seeing Aiden for a while now that Liz is leaving. Really am dreading what I think is clear to come next...Liz/Lucky reunion over finding out Aiden is really his sad.gif

I was at the edge of my seat during those JaSam scenes...omg watching them sit on the floor the whole episode dodging bullets, my heart was racing, it was SO intense...my heart skipped a beat when Sam tried to get up and walk with her sprained ankle....I just am so pumped to see what happens next, loving all the action!! rolleyes.gif

• Members

Am I really the only one who thinks it's just a BIT odd that Elizabeth is going to stay with Sarah? They can't stand each other, and Liz hasn't mentioned her in 8 years....I guess this squashes my hopes that Jennifer Sky will return as Sarah, and we could have a great bit ch on our hands....And the Liz/Sarah fights scenes would be great.

• Members

I guess they just needed a way to get Liz out of town, so they didn't bother to remember that Liz/Sarah didn't have the best relationship. I don't really remember Sarah as being especially shy either. I had to laugh at the way Nik was talking to her as if they've been best buds all these years. Yeah, that's believable. Whatever, show.

• Members

I never thought Jennifer was a horrible actress. I mean she wasn't a superstar, but I sure as hell thought she was better than Sarah Laine who played her in 02.

And even if Jennifer didn't return to the role, I still would have liked to see that storyline play out, with whatever actress in the role.

JMB is horrrible but I think Adrianne Leon is great.

Archived