GH: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WIN! Haha!

I've always imagined Luke just flipping on Carly:

"Look Caroline. I've done some seriously sh*tty sh*t in my life. I've been a pretty big !@#$%^&*] at times. I was a horrible father. But next to you, I'm mother f*cking Theresa! Get your sh*t together!"

I would love it.

• Members

Now that she's been exposed and it looks like her story is done, I wonder what they will do with her. Will they develop the romance between Johnny that they kept teasing or will she just wast away in the background with nothing significant to do till they drop her?

• Members

I just have a question for folks regarding Brenda/VM's return to GH. Since I haven't watched, from what I've read the story is boring as anything. Disappointed for VM really. I adore her and she really I am sure expected more.

But does anyone think that they might be doing a bait and switch. Using Vanessa to try to get viewers to tune back in to get them engaged in ANYTHING other than VM/Brenda. Seems like there are other stories people could be interested in and maybe VM is the bait and after a year or sooner once they are done using her, she's bye bye. Lots of shows do this kind of thing.

They did this in 2002 IMO except VMs story was much more engaging then and she was still fairly relevant to the canvas. But VM was gone after 6 months then. Same thing could happen here.

• Members

I doubt it for a few reasons....

1. VM has personal reasons for wanting to stick around GH for at least a year - reasons she didn't have the last go around

2. GH really is pulling it in on other stories and not putting all their eggs in the Brenda basket - I think they've learned from the Franco Fiasco not to overplay one character (unfortunately they appear to have gone hard in the opposite direction)

3. I think TPTB are going for the "slow build" on this one. They want Brenda integrated back into the canvas rather than it being all about her. I think they see her as an umbrella character (as opposed to story) who is going to have influence all over the place. By definition that means they can't have her being a splash in and of herself.

4. TPTB make mistakes - no doubt about it - but they might have something bigger up their sleeve that hasn't been hinted at yet. I'm ready to call the past few weeks of Brenda boring, but not a bust... now yet anyway.

Archived