GH: August Discussion Thread

• Members

Tyler had an accident several years ago where he tore a ligament in his arm. I "Nikolas" was in a sling for a couple of weeks, I believe.

With Allie Rescott on vacation, we need to have a blonde shrew running around bitching. Can't have Port Charles without one. After all, up until recently, Guza's made it clear that ShrewLu is Carly Jr.

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally agree. That is the ONLY storyline on this show that has anything going for it. It's very gripping, very soapy, and I'm on the verge of calling it the best storyline in years. At least the best storyline in the past year or two.

They havent had ONE promo. Not ONE, that I've seen, about Lisa/Robin/Patrick...Yet we have endless stupid promos about how shooting people gives Jason and Sam's sex juices a flowin, and some stupid FX-esque promo about Carly and Jason and Sonny....Why is it that the real, quality, soap storytelling get's the shaft?

• Members

And why doesn't Brook throw Lulu's homewrecking past back in her face? I could just see it :

"Who are you calling a homewrecker? I'm not the one who broke up a marriage to sleep with my step brother, get pregnant with his baby, and then not even bother going through with it. Karma's a bitch Holu."

• Members

I was rolling my eyes at Lulu when she was getting snark with Brooke. It was understandable where she was coming from, but I still found her to be..pathetic. She is like a little mini Carly. I am usually a little pumped when people get attitudes with others on soaps, but in this case I couldn't wait for it to be over...lol. Or, I was hoping Brooke would slap her again. Sometimes with Carly I get excited, but with Lulu I just can't...

Why can't we ever get a break from Dante?? He is in every episode, and it seems like we always have to see him wake up in the morning. We witness this guys day from start to finish, day in and day out.

You know, sometimes I find things to be going pretty okay with JaSam, until their little jingle starts playing rolleyes.gif !! It played once, and then I was expecting it to play again in that last scene, but shots were fired instead ohmy.gif no surprise there either.

Lisa/Patrick/Robin great as usual, loved Robin blowing up at Patrick at the end...I wanted a little more out of the Robin/Lisa confrontation, but it was ok. Lisa is insane in the membrane, LOL wanting to file charges against Robin, Wow!

• Members

It has been such a dud! GH has put Brenda into this bubble of nothingness that no one cares about! She starts off in not really Italy, interacting with these day player characters no one is interested in, just living the life! All she does is mope around having her little flashbacks to memory lane with Sonny. Then Brad Murphy shows up and Angelina Brenda projects her Sonny angst onto him...repeat! It's so completely boring!! I just want her back in PC NOW.

• Members

The only bright spot of the whole Brenda storyline has been Adrianne Barbeau (sp?)...I have always liked her. She has way more personality on screen then Brenda does. So does Murphy...Hell, I say throw Murphy and Suzanne together, make them a new supercouple! But let them sneak around for a few months...Then just as Bren is about to marry Murph, have him DUMP HER at the ALTAR, and run of with Suze!

And then, Brenda will go back to PC. Whining and tugging her sleeves, just for Suzanne and Murph to show up! And of COURSE Suzanne is Carly's favorite HS English teacher! FRIENDS FOREVER. Suzanne and Carly plot to ruin Bren, just as Suzanne and Mike have a torrid love affair....The only problem? SONNY'S IN LOVE WITH SUZANNE TOO! Will this pitt FATHER against SON....it'll be the SINS OF THE FATHER all over again. just with Mike this time.

Meanwhile, Brenda is heartbroken, and Murph is heartbroken. But Murph goes to Sam because why take back brenda when you can have her immitator? Jason gets pissed and one night mistakes Brenda for Sam while drunk. brenda is desperate and horny and goes along with it. They have sex, the next morning Jason realizes what happened, that it's Brenda, and that she lied...So he throws her over the terrace. Then of course Sonny throws him over the terrace. Then Carly gets pissed and shoots him in the face and he dies. Suzanne turns on Carly out of loyalty to MIKE, and kills her...

So Suzanne and Mike become the hero and heroin of GH...

That right there ladies and gentleman, is me having far too much time on my hands.

• Members

That's the problem with the overrated. Most of Brenda's power was gained in the imaginations of viewers and now we're able to see she's not that much to write home about.

But don't worry - it will ALL be blamed on the writers with no one willing to publicly acknowledge bringing VMG back was a miscalculation. It's Soap's version of The Emperor's New Clothing.

• Members

I will publicly acknowledge bringing VMG back was a miscalculation. Brenda's time has come and gone -- the fact that they have to go back 15 years, to a relationship they already exhaustively tied up in 1997, 1998, AND 2003, says it all. Just as Jonathan Jackson's return did absolutely nothing to improve the state of the show and just seems jarring or like a strange attempt at nostalgia, I think Brenda will be the same way.

Archived