GH: February 2010 Discussion Thread

• Members

Oh wow that was much better. Who wrote it? Julie Berman killed it. I've never liked her before this pairing with Dante. Good actress, but they couldn't get a handle on that character. Wow. Now she's killing it. Not understanding Sonny still. Even though Dante is a cop, he didn't do anything to deserve being shot. It was a pure revenge killing. After Dante died another cop would've arrested him for Claudia's murder. Killing him only satisfied his need for revenge. Why won't somebody say that and let it soak in?

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh wow. Sonny tells Steven he'll kill him if he can't save his sons life. Why can't they have Steven tell Sonny that his son wouldn't be dying if he didn't shoot him? What's up with that? Considering his sharp tongue with Patrick I doubt he'd just walk by and say nothing. AND WHY IS SONNY STILL AT THE HOSPITAL?!?! He shot a cop! Why hasn't he been arrested?!?! Why are all of his grieving victims being forced to deal with him there?! Ridiculous!

• Members

I could not agree more with every line you wrote. Sonny shoots a police officer and then threatens a doctor's life if he can't fix a gun shot wound delivered at point blank range. :rolleyes: Is this supposed to make Sonny look like some big bad? To me it just makes him look

like a bully and a fool. Someone lock him up and throw away the key.

• Members

I thought that's what he got arrested for -- shooting Dante?

His arrest was a great scene, and I loved how Jason, Michael and Olivia didn't even put up a fight and beg the police to release him because "he's a good father."

For crissakes, Tyler! What will it take for your ass to ACT?

• Members

I think that ratings will bump up. The demos will move a smidgen. It got equal promotion as the Franco stuff, but the audience was less invested there. I'm sure there were lots of people waiting for Sonny to learn the truth and having him shoot Dante was very sensational sweeps stunt. Remember we had that discussion about the GH audience liking the mob violence, shooting, and guns. I think that we will see this in the ratings.

Unfortunately, not even with the gun on him can Sonny get arrested for a crime that he committed. I'm sure that Sonny is getting off the hook for shooting Dante who will be his best bud in a few months.

Nikolas looked a tad concerned about Lulu, not much, but he tried there.

• Members

Yeah, when he sat with her in the hospital room, I guess. But when he tried to out-do Sonny by semi-threatening Stephen, I thought he was going to tumble into a coma mid-sentence.

Which is why I'm going to treasure Dante's last speech to Sonny before he got shot -- and the way DZ spat the words out in intense disgust. For me, this was second only to Alexis's speech at Kristina's funeral.

Archived