GH: February 2010 Discussion Thread

• Members

Is all this about Robin defending Sonny so ardently just to cause conflict with Patrick? All this screaming and carrying on between she and Patrick doesn't really make sense for me, because Patrick spends most of his time talking about how much he loves NASCAR and how he used to love hot babes, and then we get Lisa ogling his bulge.

I know this is the usual Sam behavior or any woman who is involved with the mob, but I still cringed at how degrading the whole thing was. How soon before Ronnie turns evil and kidnaps Sam, forcing her to wear a tight white tank top sans bra?

Poor Tracy. She's had such bad history with men I can see why she thinks Dante is just using Lulu. Do you think her hatred of everyone Lulu is involved with means she is on my "Lulu is asexual" bandwagon?

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep, it is a manufactured conflict so Lisa can get her hopes up. Notice how Patrick runs and asks Lisa out for a beer immediately after. He loves attention and she fawns all over him so she is his kind of woman. Unfortunately, I don't see Guza seriously breaking up Robin and Patrick permanently or I would be rooting for Steven to steal Robin away while Patrick basks in Lisa's lurve.

• Members

Apparently. This show is going to be unbearable for the next month as all of these characters are sold out to prop up Sonny. Robin basically accused Patrick of being the reason Dante was shot because he didn't tell Olivia's secret. And yet Sonny isn't to blame for shooting a cop? Right. :blink: Not to defend Patrick because he was an ass yet again today. I'm really sick of him and his arrogance. Lisa is useless, but I'll take that back if she and Patrick fall in love and move far, far away.

Don't get me started on Sam stealing evidence. I just wanted to slap her silly today. Sam hasn't acted like Sonny's biggest fan over the last couple of years and yet she risked jail for him. Jason destroys every female character he shags, Sam was so much better when she was dating Lucky.

Carly was actually written pretty decently again. I keep having to pinch myself when she didn't go for Olivia's throat. Since LW has been in the role the show often plays Carly as a semi comical character when it comes to being hypocritical or remembering the past the way she wanted it to be instead of the way it really was, but she was actually self aware today. It was weird. I think Guza's wife might be influencing things for the (kind of) better. Since she's on board I think Sonny and Jason aren't written as heroic as they used to be. Their warts are definitely showing as Cheap mentioned.

I did think the Diane /Jason scene was pretty funny. They both play straight man pretty well.

• Members

I'd dance a jig and throw Patrick and Lisa a farewell party if that happened. I'm so over Patrick and have been since the wedding. I think that if Guza gave Lisa some depth and let her interact with other characters that she could be interesting. There are quite a few single guys for her to become involved with if Patrick took a nose dive over a cliff. Johnny, Matt, Ethan, and Nikolas are all single or about to be.

Guza must chuckle when he strikes a nerve. I think that is why he writes so much crap sometimes. I'll admit that he has sucked me back in with this Dante story. It is predictable, but I'm enjoying the journey.

• Members

If not Patrick, Lisa may be a good match with Nikolas. She can fawn all over Nikolas and make him happy. I don't think that they do have long term plans for her outside of this Patrick hell because the actress said that she was only signed to a one year contract.

I also get the subtle attraction that SR is trying to interject in Steven's interactions with Robin. SR isn't on contract, but Guza did say that his role in long term as in supporting Liz, I think. I don't really think that they are going with Steven and Robin because it would be more interesting and make more sense and they don't want to deal with Robin, HIV+ and sex with anyone else, but Patrick. However, SR did mention Robin and Lisa as possible love interests for Steven. I hope that he is dropping a hint instead of it merely being wishful thinking on his part.

• Members

LOL at Sam in disguise as a prostitute...I thought that was so hilarious. The accent, the outfit, loved it....but her stealing that gun? UGH! She stole evidence...I hate that, just when I was thinking Sam was growing up and improving, being a better person, she does that...

Loved how Carly was being genuine with Olivia. Totally wasn't expecting that from her. I wonder if she'll treat Olivia differently though, after she finds out that Jax knew everything?

Robin and Patrick argument...I was just annoyed with the both of them, especially Patrick. And then at the end, he goes straight to Lisa and asks if she wants to get a beer with him after their shifts end...um, Patrick? You have a daughter at home, you should be going home to her instead of going out for drinks with your skanky college ex!

Archived