GH: February 2010 Discussion Thread

• Members

The thing with Sonny is, he's all "OMG, if I had known he was my son, I wouldn't have shot him." How about "If I'd known he was a COP, I wouldn't have shot him? If I'd known he was a HUMAN BEING, I wouldn't have shot him?" This show is so fucked up.

Having said that, kudos to the writing and production team because this past week-and-a-half because they delivered two story arc payoffs (carried by Jonathan Jackson and Dominic Zamprogna) that were really exciting to watch. Can't deny that I've been glued to my set.

However, I love to watch DZ so much that it is going to be hard when he pulls the whole "Sonny is a good man/great father to his kids" card. This show would be SO DAMN GOOD if it just wrote for the characters without such a heavily biased agenda and let the chips fall where they may. Let Sonny get prosecuted for the attempted MURDER of a cop. See what the State of New York thinks about that.

I see Carly was at her smuggest yesterday. Glad Luke took her down a peg or two when she started bitching about Elizabeth. Pot. Kettle. Black.

Kate needs to be included in this story given that she's the one who brought Olivia to PC in the first place.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But Carly has said several times that she's done as many bad things as Liz, Carly is acting so smug because Liz (who tends to act like she is oh so perfect and somehow did all these bad things without quite meaning to) has finally been outed as the lying whore she really is and has been all along. This is one area where I totally see Carly's POV.

• Members

i LOVE her so very much, but its true. I have no issue with that. For me being a fan doesnt = making up excuses. I accept my faves, flaws and all.

As for lulu, really? this bitch is passing judgement? Dillion. Georgie. Diego. Abortion. Shall i go on? Ok.. lying to lucky? keeping Liz/Jason a secret? Shall i keep going?

• Members

The Georgie/Dillon thng happened years ago and she's long since owned up to that. Im not remembering the Diego connection. What does having an abortion have to do with anything? Why should that be held against her? She knew she was wrong about keeping Liz/Jason a secret and she learned from that mistake and she thought Elizabeth has as well which is why she's so upset. None of this even matters anyway bc Lucky is her brother. She is supposed to be mad no matter how hypocritcal it may make her seem. I wouldnt expect any less and it would be more shocking to just watch her not be upset or worse make excuses for Elizabeth again and support her.

• Members

You may have found this amusing, but I didn't in the least bit.

This just further goes to add to the stereotypical nature of the Epiphany character. The only thing black people are good for is yelling, bossing other people around, being fat and lazy, while listening in on people's private conversations and popping their eyes out like some 50's Looney Toons black caricature.

You might find this amusing, but I find it embarrassing and bad. Maybe some black people enjoy seeing the only black character on a TV show portrayed like this, but count me out.

I know Sonya Eddy's gotta pay the bills, but I think, of all the days I've watched GH, I don't think I've seen her once try to step outside the box the writers have given her. Had she done that, she probably would have been dismissed or recast probably. She's perfectly fine playing this token stereotype.

Amy Vining, IIRC, at least had cute outfits, didn't yell at everyone, and didn't boss everyone around. But since your GH watching experience extends to the Jimmy Carter presidency, feel free to correct me.

• Members

I don't remember her being very mad with the paternity lies involving Jake.

I just find her anger very forced. She only seems mad because Jonathan Jackson is back. If Greg Vaughan were still there, she'd be telling Liz how lucky she is to have a hot man and not to let the loser Lucky drag her down.

• Members

The problem isn't that Lulu is defending her brother. Of course that's what she should be doing. You could be the biggest Ho-bag McHypocrite and still step in defence of your wronged brother.

The problem is that up until very, VERY recently (oh, say, when Jonathan Jackson reclaimed the role from Greg Vaughan), Lulu was all *shrug* "Oh, well. Can you blame Liz? Lucky is just like our mom. In other words, he's boring and, worse, he's a cop."

And while Liz has come out of this smelling of fusty turret-room and stale Nikolas love-juice, everybody is turning on her and giving Prince Puffy a complete free pass. Oh, that's just Nikolas being a Cassadine! It is beyond infuriating.

• Members

back then she made excuses for Elizabeth. Lulu bought into her BS. She went along with the lies bc she felt she had to keep Lucky sober. She has since realized just how wrong all of that was and they all ended up hurting Lucky more with the deceptions.

• Members

I see what you're saying, but I find this realization very ludicrous. Just as I found her endless Sonny love ludicrous (he gives money to the hospital). This character comes across as very calculated to me, and very compromised. She can't criticize Liz without looking self-righteous and stupid, in my opinion. She also can't be upset with Sonny shooting Dante without looking hypocritical and having selective amnesia. Both she and Luke have lost any integrity. I actually dread any scenes Lucky has with them, which is disappointing, since once upon a time, I guess sometime before Guza, I enjoyed the Spencer family.

• Members

EXACTLY!

Liz is a dirty hobag. I as a liz fan can say this. I dont care. Hell, i LOVE it! Screw Sweet perfect Elizabeth, that was never and should have never been her! What i hate is how far shes been tossed under the bus to prop JJLucky when its not even needed. He doesnt need propping! And how Nikolas gets a freepass. And that the story is sucky. I hate a lot of things, but its not Liz being a slut and being called out on it. Its the obvious agenda involved with it and the sudden turn the story took when JJ came back.

• Members

She just said to Jason the other day that she wasn't being a hypocrite because she knew she had done wrong as well, but she was glad to see people see Liz for what she has done too. That's admitting her wrong doing. But even if she hadn't, the show tells us that Carly schemes ,plans and intends to do wrong (or at least it used to. I can't remember the last time Carly schemed).

With Liz it is always some sort of accident that she didn't mean. She never means for anyone to get hurt and yet the bodies pile up around her. Until now, she always comes out of things just fine with both Jason and Lucky defending her and refusing to hear a bad word her. Actually Jason is still doing that, but I love that Carly ignored him this time when he said he wouldn't hear a bad word about St. Liz.

Archived