GH: February 2010 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah, but Carly wasn't running to Jason to tell him about Liz because she wanted to point out how Liz makes mistakes just like her. She did it because she wanted to ruin Liz in Jason's eyes -- and that would leave her as the sole female who counts in Jason's life. Yes, I know there is Sam but I'm sure Carly would be quite happy to elbow her out of the picture, too. It's always been about Jason for Carly.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Please. Nothing LuLu has done compares with what Liz has done. Having an abortion was her right, as far I'm concerned there is nothing wrong with that. Yes, she certainly wronged Georgie and Dillon, but she was a teenager. She admitted her mistake, learned from it and moved on. Yes, keeping Liz's secret was a mistake which never really made sense, but at least her intention was good.

Liz on the other hand got involved with a hitman, when she already had a child and was a grown woman who should have the sense to put the safety of her children first. Then she lied to Lucky about being a father. Am I really supposed to think an abortion is worse than manipulating a man into thinking he has a baby when he doesn't? Well, I don't. Not by a long shot. And let's not forget she tried to do the same thing to Ric, but he saw the bitch coming a mile away.

Lucky was in rehab when Liz got pregnant with Jason's baby. She could have told him in a safe environment with a counselor there to help, but she didn't because Liz was protecting her own pathetic ass as usual. Then Liz, again a mother of two and over 30 takes up with her finance's brother. Lucky tried to break off the relationship and she proposed to him, because she just has to have her cake and eat it too. All the while lying over and over every time he asks if something is wrong. There is no way that one mistake as a teenager compares to all this.

• Members

what I hated about that was at the same time, Maxie was lying about being pregnant with Lucky's baby. Liz went after her good and was determined to expose her lie. She really ripped into Maxie about letting Lucky beleive she was having his kid and called her out as a lying, manipulative skank, when Liz herself cheated, and was lying to Lucky about having his kid. BUT it was okay for her to do all this bc she was protecting him from using drugs This blatent hypoceiay when she applies rules to herself which have annoyed me about her for a long time. She is so quick to rip into and look down on those she views as the evil sluts all while elevating herself as some type of martyr saint. Really she is no different than them. She hides behind this fall image that people have of her being an angel and the sad thing is she actually believes the BS. At leat Carly knows she's a selfish bitch and doesnt pretend to be anything but

• Members

Reagan, not Carter.

You are absolutely right about Sonya Eddy's character being a stereotype even if I found it amusing. When she joined the show, I believe it was the NY Times that did an article on the state of black female roles in TV and film, and discussed the fact that to this day Hattie Mcdaniel and "Mammy" casts a large shadow. It was an interesting article going on about the huffing, puffing and grousing, the willingness of society to watch overweight black women but not overweight white (and we see this year after year on American Idol), and every angle on cliche black women. That said, I found it a funny bit.

Amy Vining was accorded less respect than Epiphany, just a gossipy silly girl the entire hospital tolerated because they liked her. I don't think there was a single doctor or nurse on staff who at one point didn't lecture Amy on her nosey ways.

• Members

bc she hasnt changed. After all the crap Liz has done before and what she and Lucky went through, one would have thought things would be different this time with them both learning from their mistake. Lulu trusted her and Liz acted like things would be better now bc she and Lucky had both grown, changed and were going to move forward. Lucky changed and he's been doing his best to be a better man and do right by Liz and the kids. Liz? Not so much. She's fallen back into her old pattern and this time its worse than with Jason bc she only slept with him once. She's been having a full blown affair with Nikolas and the fact that its Lucky's brother makes it harder to get over. Lulu has to watch the 2 brothers that she loves fight and hate each other and she sees Liz at the root of her family turmoil

• Members

Has any of this been shown onscreen? Lulu saying Liz has always thought of herself of an angel doesn't suggest Lulu had faith in Liz and Liz let her down. If I was a new viewer I would think Lulu had always hated Liz and was waiting for her to slip up.

• Members

I'm just waiting for Maxie to hear about this latest news. I hope GH doesn't drop the ball here. I love Maxie's Liz hate. Not that I defend Maxie's behavior during this time period, but I love scheming bad girls on soaps and I want to see the Maxie/Liz rivalry continue.

Of course! But I have no problem with that in the context of the Liz/Carly rivalry. For the most part I think the way Carly tries to elbow everyone else out of Jason's life pretty funny. In the context of the whole show I hate Sonny and Jason more than any other characters though and the way Carly keeps them in her life at the expense of her children makes me ill. Jason ass Josslyn's godfather is sick and proof that Carly will not learn (and Guza will not allow this character to truly mature the way she should as a mother of three whos children have been kidnapped and shot thanks to Jason and Sonny).

Absolutely, but before JJ came back the very obvious agenda was there to prop Liz and Jason against Lucky, so turn about is fair play as far as I'm concerned. At the same time, I would like to see this show written in a more balanced way. The agenda and pets make this show a shell of what it could be. And it's about to get really disgusting as we watch most of Port Charles prop two would be cop killers or is it three? Did Spin know Jason and Sonny were going to kill Dante? If so he's as guilty as they are in my book.

• Members

But was there ever any indication of this until the script suddenly had her as hating Liz? Based on her behavior up to then, I could have easily believed she would have supported Liz and told Lucky he was pathetic and why would Liz ever want to settle for a boring cop when she could have adventure and a prince.

• Members

well a few weeks ago Lulu talked to Liz and asked her what was up with her and Nik. Liz flat out lied to her face and made it seem as if it was all Nik's fault for pursuing her as if she wasnt responding. Lulu actually beleived and trusted her which is why she's so pissed off at Liz now

• Members

I agree to a point, but I love that Epiphany smacks down the hospital staff. They need it and they deserve it. As much as Liz deserved LuLu's smackdown, I was hoping Epiphany would interrupt and tell her the hospital is not the place for it. I root for her every single time she tells someone that they are in a hospital and need to actually focus on their patients instead of their personal lives. I don't see how anyone can think Epiphany is lazy, she's the only person in that place who seems to know they are there to work, unless of course one buys into the stereotype that fat=lazy. I don't.

And as far as the fat thing goes is it worse to have a fat black woman on GH or to have no fat people at all? Should all fat black women be banned from TV because someone things they play into a stereotype? I think its equally or even maybe more offensive that they won't allow a fat white woman on the show. We all know they gave Genie a hard time about her weight back in the day and she wasn't even that big. The show is both sexist and sizist. They are pretty much trying to force feed us the Hollywood ideal of beauty even though it damages the self esteem and body image of their target audience (adolescent girls) and that's something I find way more offensive than watching an overweight black woman tell a bunch of unprofessional people to get back to work.

• Members

Maybe not, but I never thought it was believable that LuLu would take Liz and Jason's side over Lucky in the first place, so i don't see how this is any different. Agenda still rules the day, it's just that the tide has shifted in the opposite direction.

• Members

Who is Epiphany to lecture doctors about what they can or cannot talk about at the nursing station? She is always ready to gossip and chat when she is in the mood. I don't think that she is lazy. I think that she is a bitch who like to bitch out other people when it is none of her damn business.

I do think that she is the stereotypical mammy, but it is the only way that Guza will have an actor of color on GH get any airtime.

Archived