GH: February 2010 Discussion Thread

• Members

First of all, beautiful Kristen Bell picture, dmarex (Veronica Mars... sigh).

Secondly, I don't think even the writers buy Sonny as a hero anymore. Not when the PTB have cute little children turning against him.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Heh thanks. :) Big sigh.

Most of the "important guys" on the show probably never will pay for their crimes - one of the reasons I can't get into the show. It seems interesting from time to time, but then it turns back into nothing but plot.

• Members

The writers have stopped trying to sugar coat Sonny and Jason. I remember in the past they would paint them as these big criminals but never really would show what they do. Now they arent afraid to show the ugly side with both openly plotting murder and actually proceeding to kill people.

• Members

Which she no doubt will, once Jake or Cam are SORASed.

And right after that, Sonny and Jason will dig up evidence to show that Dante's Mr. Piletti was really a serial killer, and that Sonny killed him in order to protect the people of Bensonhurst. Quick, somebody give Sonny the medal of honor.

• Members

I was thinking the same thing, but no matter what, Sonny shot a cop right on screen. Nothing they can do is going to whitewash that one. Not to mention the way Jason and Sonny consipred to kill Dante in such a coldblooded manner. If ever two people deserved a life sentence these two are it.

Finally! I'm glad that they aren't sugar coating these two as much and yet I find it disturbing that we are watching people like Robin sympathize with Sonny. I would have loved to see her give him the cold shoulder. I really wish Steven had told him to f*ck himself when Sonny started throwing around threats. I'm not sure I have ever despised a soap character more and this isn't love to hate like the way I hate Liz. This is I hate him and hope he dies in a painful drawn out way.

• Members

Exactly.

The people in the story who are against Sonny are damaged or not in the know (like Kristina and Morgan) or are pointless characters (like Johnny). Anything Kristina says about Sonny is invalid because she idolizes a man who beats her. As soon as that story is done, I will be surprised if Alexis does not get all the blame and Sonny is the apple of Kristina's eye. Morgan is deluded because he doesn't know about Jax's lies. When he finds out about them, he will probably start to warm towards Sonny again.

• Members

I vaguely recall reading that Matt Borlenghi was on recurring which explains why Guza has easily shoved that Cassadine story aside. Guza is caught up with the Dante fall out and

Branco must have been buttering Borlenghi up in hopes of getting GH scoops. Not happening anytime soon.

• Members

I knew he wasn't coming because I am confident his reason for coming no longer existed when they fired GV for JJ and let NL go. Once JJ returned, the Lucky/Liz/Nik stuff took center stage.

THere was supposed to be Valentin and some character (possibly his daughter) Mischa. I think she was actually in a couple of episodes when Luke rescued Helena who was ill at the time. She got dumped just as MB did. I hoe neither were sitting around waiting.

Archived