GH: February 2010 Discussion Thread

• Members

JaneAusten, where are you? I'm dying to know your view on this version of Robin. She is no moral center. I wonder if Guza thinks that she is unconditionally supporting Sonny?

Other than Mala and the Serial Drama women, the soap mags sound like they are written by naive white housewives in the 1950s. There is virtually no criticism or demand that the soaps modernize their portrayal of sex, women, and gender relationships. I can't believe that there has been no comment on Billy's promiscuity and the potential consequencs of STDs or Liz's failure to use contraception. Those are all hot topics on all the soap boards where people of all ages post. Instead SOD chooses to criticize Robin and Patrick having sex in the hospital closet when they have the safest sex of all soap couples. No wonder the soap mags are struggling. They have made themselves irrelevant.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lisa being right doesn't bother me, it just is odd that a glorified day player cuts through the insanity to speak the truth. I have no opinion on Lisa other than she is deadly dull, but the fact that she said what probably everyone on earth would say if Robin were real makes me like her a little more.

Then you come to someone like Alexis, and it is a shame how every few years they destroy her a little more so she can salivate at the opportunity of serving Sonny and Jason. She was yammering on to Jax so about some backwards thinking, I am shocked Jax didn't have her carted off in a straight jacket. This is now back to the 1990s Alexis who ran panting after Jason to tell him how good a father he was and how she would represent him against the big bad AJ. Now she is defending someone she knows is a criminal and guilty. She has been a Sonny worshiper for 10 years now, useless and no reason to exist other than to serve Sonny.

I just wish Monica and Tracy could debate Alexis and Robin about the virtues of Sonny. That would be hilarious.

• Members

That's my point. It's not that she's right that peeves me, it's that the writers are only allowing Lisa to be right because she's a throwaway character. No one who should know better does, and then the writers will end up turning Lisa into the scourge of society when she's one of the few sane people in that town.

Archived