GH: February 2010 Discussion Thread

• Members

I love how theres more dramas at the hospital now, and this whole feud brewing between Patrick\Steven. And i actually like Robin and Patrick when they are against odds now..I give up on these two being happy. When they are fighting, Robin is lightyears more interesting. But I couldn't believe her going into Dominics, whoops I mean Dante's hospital room and telling him about how great of a man Sonny is for all he did for Stone and all that during his battle with HIV (just so Dante wouldn't testify against Sonny)...I was glad Patrick grilled her for that. Robin, it really is NONE of your business, and your Sonny kiss arsing gets on my LAST nerve!! And one more thing, it seems as if all Lisa is good for, is staring at Patrick and Robin in the shadows while they argue. I swear, thats ALL she does and is used for, and then the occasional butting into a conversation or kissing Patrick or Epiphany's arse. Get rid of this character, GH. Talk about useless scrubs.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Ann, I thought you knew me better than that! I've mostly defended Robin since I've started back watching GH. I find her interesting as a character because of the high ground on which she stands and her biases. But Patrick was completely and totally out of line. Just like he was out of line a few months ago when Patrick told her to stop acting like everyone's mother. There are alot of these WTF moments and I see Kim is holding back and playing it like, "Whoah, WTF did I do wrong?" which is exactly the reaction most people would have to their husband or boyfriend's toolery.

Well, everyone called this from the start.

And again, maybe it's the WAY Kim is playing the scenes. She could easily add her trademark Robin glare or put inflection in her voice that would indicate some sort of jealousy or insecurity, but she's not. And I think it's smart for her to play it that way because it will make it that much more heartbreaking to viewers when he cheats on her, as opposed to Guza's writing manipulating them into believing it is okay for Patrick to cheat.

That would be an interesting scene.

But at the same time, I can totally see why Robin went to Dante and shared her story. She knows Sonny is a violent man who would kill almost anyone(aside from friends/allies) to get what he wants. But she also knows the good in Sonny, the guy who takes care of his family and those he treats as family. To her, it's like, "Love the sinner, hate the sin." Does that make her rationale and propping of him justifiable? Absolutely not. But she has a completely perfect and natural reaction to the situation, given how much time she and Stone spent with Sonny when she was a teenager and how he has in many ways, still been there for her even after Stone passed away.

Patrick has always known Robin and Sonny were friends. It's why he kept the secret about Dante being Sonny's child. Patrick knows who Robin's friends are and has always known this. Hell, he dated one of Sonny's ex-wives for a brief time. For Patrick to be condescending to Robin about something that he KNEW she was probably going to do, which really had absolutely NOTHING to do with him was bull.

• Members

Join me on the Steven/Robin 'ship, my peeps. I loved their scenes today. He spoke to her in a respectful way. He made his point without lecturing her like child. Even though I think that he was reaching with Robin using HIV to shut Patrick, I like that Steven is genuinely trying to help. This is how soap affairs start. I wonder with Guza will have the nerve to go there. I know that he will be reluctant because Robin is HIV+, but Patrick will sleeping with Lisa soon enough. Robin deserves Steven. Patrick deserves bland Lisa.

I stand corrected. Robin used to get dialogue to respond to Patrick's put downs, but now she simply has to stand there and take it which I hate. I thought Patrick did a better job today explaining his position, but why is he doing so in front of the hospital staff. Why was Lisa sticking her nose in? She was too happy to run after Patrick and give him a shoulder to cry on. He will boinking her soon enough. I lay odds on May sweeps.

I still think that when Patrick cheats, it will be made out to be Robin's fault somehow. but I don't really care. Patrick cheating opens the door for Steven to walk in and sweep Robin away.

• Members

The problem with Robin, for me, is that the writers painstakingly took YEARS to make her the conscience of GH and the moment they paired her with Jason, they undid it all. Robin's conscience was for sell. She choose the mob EVERY time there was a choice to make (which doesn't bode well for a soap heroine and the show's moral conscience). I compare her to the likes of a Maureen Bauer. Mo saw the good in everyone, including Roger Thorpe - who'd have eaten a violence prone nitwit like Sonny for breakfast. If Roger crossed the line and hurt her family? Mo would have buried him. He'd have been dead to her. She would never betray her family for Roger and if she was written true to form as a GH character, she'd have certainly not betrayed her family for a thug like Sonny.

In Patrick's shoes, that Sonny's one kind act is enough for Robin to swear life long loyalty to him even though (and I can't get over this one) he shot a cop in the chest, point blank, might be enough to scare him into wondering if there's room in her heart for TRUE loyalty to anyone else. How many times are we to believe that Robin met with her Uncle Mac at the station? How many of those cops' families would Robin have gotten to know over the years?

How could the writers be so clueless that they'd make Robin shill for Sonny? At most she should be conflicted, and wonder where the ONCE kind Sonny has gone. Instead of talking to hole in Dante's chest about what a great man Sonny is, Robin should have been asking Sonny if this is the event he needs to start a new life. She should have been showing him pictures of his handiwork and asking him if he would have been able to forgive the man who nearly blew his kid's heart out his back. Does Sonny have lifelong get-out-of-jail-free points because he took care of a kid who was like his own son - when the kid contracted AIDS? Really? For most people, that's just called love (yeah yeah ignorance and fear).

The writers must spin a wheel to decide who gets to be Sonny's puppet on any particular day. All must take a turn being sacrificed at Sonny's altar or demonized for not worshiping him (poor Jax).

• Members

You have answered your own question. Of course, Robin's blind support of Sonny is unjustifiable and ridiculous. In the past, Robin has consistently supported Sonny and Jason, but she has never been blind to their criminal activity and bad choices. It is obvious that Robin's sudden blind support of Sonny after he shot Dante is primarily being used a plot device to drive a wedge between her and Patrick so Lisa can make headway. Robin and Patrick are going to be butting heads over Sonny for the length of the trial, then I'm certain Guza will use the upcoming medical drama to put the final nail in their relationship's coffin. As much as I usually rant against Guza, I have to give him credit, it isn't a bad strategy to set up an affair. I'm interested in watching the story play out as it picks up pace.

• Members

I was disgusted with the way Robin used Stone's memory to try and manipulate Dante into back off of Sony. What does him helping out some kid over 15 years ago have to do with his despicable actions today? Its OKAY to shoot a cop bc Sonny was nice to an AIDS patient last decade. WTF? GH is pulling sh-t out of their asses to make Sonny come across as this great guy despite what he did

• Members

Me too. It's bad enough Carly has to go after Dante in all her smug and arrogant glory and try to brow beat him into her point of view, but then they have to send in Robin and Alexis. Carly, Robin and Alexis all have reason to hate Sonny.

I hate the way Robin has forgotten the way Jason and Sonny treated her after the whole AJ/Michael reveal. That should have been the end of all this ridiculous loyalty she feels for them. They sure turned on her soon enough.

The change in Alexis' opinion of Sonny makes zero sense. Carly has always been dense about Sonny, but even she should have a few qualms about this latest action after what happened to Michael. It's sad to watch all of these supposedly intelligent, strong, women written as pathetic mob apologists.

Archived