GH: February 2010 Discussion Thread

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, and a few of the cast members weren't even in the pic, they must not have had to tape scenes that day.

The first pic includes people in the production staff, some writers (well, I see Elizabeth Korte there), and Mark Teschner and Gwen Hiller are there from casting. And of course there's JFP, Mary O'Leary, Michelle Henry, and Mercer Barrows.

• Members

Thanks for the pictures...Pretty interesting.

Does Kirsten Storms not know how to drive to CVS and get a bottle of hair dye? THOSE ROOTS!

Where is Elizabeth in those pics??

Anyway, think the show is very good lately...Looking forward to the big Quartermaine stories Guza has promised.

• Members

I think GH is losing me as a viewer. I can't take another baby story. The last few years has been baby hell with Robin, Carly, Skye, Alexis, Liz, and the unsuccessful pregnancies of Carly, Carly, Claudia, Liz and Liz. Now again? We just saw this baby bullshit with Liz two years ago. I was really digging the whole Liz/Lucky/Nik story, especially with Helena on the fringes, but just like that they lost me. I hated Robin's baby story, it was like nails on chalk. Carly's was equally unwatchable, and Liz's last baby story was a nightmare. I am so disappointed; I was really enthusiastic about the revived Spencer clan but this baby thing is starting to feel like a deal breaker. I hate soap babies, and GH is freaking Romper Room.

I just don't understand how any viewer can like this plotless tripe. Ok she is pregnant, and will be she discussing anything else for nine months? If Robin or Carly are any clues, the answer is "no".

• Members

I think it boils down to the people at GH only seeing a woman as worthwhile if she has children and lives through her children. Otherwise they just are on the fringes. I think someone also believed it would be great viewing to have Liz pregnant AND mentally ill because what better way to debase her than to reduce her to a psycho brood mare. I have never liked Liz so I should enjoy seeing her get some comeuppance but it's not even about comeuppance, it's yet another soap female who is conveniently written as insane in the membrane so nothing she does will stick. I already get that with Sharon on Y&R.

• Members

I have to agree. When was the last time a guy was sent off to Shady Brooke? Did Sonny do a stint? I don't think he did, but I can't remember for sure. Either way, mental instability seems to be something the women of Port Charles deal with a lot more then men. All these breakdowns due to men are pretty insulting.

• Members

she can check into Bellevue all she wants, and then do a stay at Willowbrook, just don't have any more babies. With this baby on the show, there is now no other issue for me. Nothing any of them say sounds like anything other than "blah blah baby, blah blah baby" Nik, Lucky...they can all commit group suicide (and take Liz's horrible kids with them) if it will end the baby talk.

And I am starting to get sick of the older kids too. I theoretically liked them all except Kristina, but now this freaking baby has put me in such a bad mood, I wish Molly, Kristina and Michael would all die too. Morgan I like, he can stay. And don't even get me started on that horrible brat, Emma. That baby cried so much, I didn't blame Robin for sticking her in a tree.

Jeez, GH has more kids than The Sound Of Music.

• Members

My issue with these pregnancies and babies is that Guza uses them to keep couples that are falling part together instead of letting drift apart. The sole purpose of Liz's pregnancy is to keep Lucky and Liz together as a couple. It was the same thing when Liz got pregnant with Jake which got her Jason for awhile and when Robin got pregnant with Patrick's child. It is lazy writing that lack creativity. Soap pregnancies should create drama and turmoil not be used as excuse to keep a couple together.

Archived