GH: February 2010 Discussion Thread

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Helena's anti-depressant line was funny. Good that at least one person recognizes how ridiculous Liz's breakdown really is and is mocking her as she deserves.

No color underwear could make Jason Thompson's out of shape body look good. Like the other guys GH, he needs to hit the gym because he looked very unattractive. I don't how Phelps lets these guys get away looking like that, while the women continue to have nice toned bodies.

We are to believe that Robin and Patrick have always had quickies in unsanitary hospital supply closets where other people also have sex so they are experts at effectively using condoms in unique places. RME. What cracked me up was the window in the closet door. Being watched must turn Robin and Patrick on. LOL!

• Members

I see that we got more of the usual justification for Nik's sleazy and shameless whoring, this time from the other Spencer siblings. First it was Lulu with "at least he owns it" and now Lucky with "at least Nik didn't actually leave his home to screw my wife." As always on this show it's not the man's fault, his penis has a mind of its own.

I was not the world's biggest fan of L&L2 (I was especially annoyed that Ruby's memorial somehow became all about them), but are their fans enjoying any of this reunion? I was somewhat nauseous that they decided to show those flashbacks and further pollute the original story. The original story was about Lucky helping Liz because she needed a friend, and slowly falling in love with her as they both tried to put their lives back together. The new history tells us, over and over, that Lucky fell for Liz because she was raped. That seems to be about it. It's pathetic that what was once a very strong story about a woman's violation has become this nostalgia trip and a cheap plot device.

• Members

I thought the flashbacks were very selective storytelling, as were Lucky's memories, which somehow managed to forget just about every single mistake he made over the past ten years. It's funny how Guza spent almost a decade trashing Lucky, and now that his favorite actor is back, that's erased.

• Members

I told you this would happen when JJ got back and you didn't think so, remember? Never underestimate the bias of the people who run this show. But which is worse, Lucky being written as a weak loser or Lucky being written as a propped up fav? Neither is ideal and as many have said JJ doesn't need the propping, but at the same time, I prefer this characterization of Lucky, if those are my only choices.

On the bright side at least Lucky is struggling with his addiction and with his role in the boys lives. I'm a little surprised that we aren't getting scenes of Lucky taking care of them while Liz screws random guys on the docks. Not that I care that much about Liz getting trashed, but I do care about a well written show that has some balance.

• Members

Word to this part at least. I wouldn't mind Lucky having his own child, if this show weren't already over run with kids. It would have been much better if Liz had been kidnapped by Helena on the eve of her wedding to Lucky, so JJ/BH could have had an adventure story for their "reunion", instead of this rehash.

• Members

Loved when NoNekNik said to Helena, "I don't care if you die in peace or not" LoL! But omg to her trying to get him to find a woman who he could have a son with, to "Lead" the family. I was surprised the horndog didn't say yes, immediately.

Morgan and Molly are so adorable, but I am really annoyed with how they sit around and talk about murdering and death 24\7. I mean, they even do it in public.

I just can't get into Ethan. It's definitely the actor for me..Nathan Parson's and his hair, weirdness, is just turning me off. I couldn't get into his scenes with Lucky! His dialogue was good, but the way he was delivering it just was so contrived and fake to me..I didn't care for it much as i really wanted to.

• Members

I loved seeing Helena. More and more, I find myself agreeing with her in her sizing up of Nik's entire situation. He is slumming, he did have a child with the son of a stripper from a cheap hood family that hailed from Brooklyn, Emily was a twit, and he does have a responsibility to produce children (what else is there a faux-royal has to do other than perpetuate the line?). She was right when she sized up Liz some months back, she was right about Ethan--she is always right. Her being psycho doesn't make her wrong about these things.

Archived