GH: February 2010 Discussion Thread

• Members

While I admit, the lines and storylines Becky has been given SUCK, i think her deliverance has been great.

I mean everyone is talking about how great JJ's acting has been, but I think it's just because Guza is completely and totally deminishing Liz day in and day out, only to prop up Liz.

Right now, I really don't like Liz...At all. But I think Becky's performance of this shittastic storyline has been great, nonetheless.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Becky has never impressed me. Unfortunately, GH is full of mediocre soap actresses right now. I like some more than others, but that has little to do with acting. Of course some of the vets like Jane Elliott rock, but the leads never stand out to me at all. The only person who really stands out to me in the younger set is Kirsten Storms. I think she plays a pretty good soap vixen when the writing is there, but the way Maxie is written right now plays to KS's weaknesses more than her strengths. None of the under 40 set on GH is going to be taking home an Oscar anytime soon, imho.

• Members

ITA and it's sad because I think the actresses tend to bring it on more than the actors but Becky I've never seen any greatness. I watch Sharon Case on Y&R and same type of character in a way, and while I am not a fan of the character, Sharon can make me feel for her and I don't get annoyed at the coddling her character gets. KMc can play a much better tragic heroine than Becky can and has but they don't give her material she could handle and becky gets stuff she's mediocre at. She was actually much better as a bad girl when she first arrived than she is as this sainted character. I felt nothing for her during the Liz and Jason story and I feel nothing for her now. I tend to agree that they don't utilize the better talent they have and tend to not always play to an actors strengths like with KS.

• Members

Awwww. Sonny getting in some alone time with God. It would be laughable if it wasn't so gross.

Dante's dialogue continues to rock my world. As has, for once, Lulu's. The actors appear liberated in their characters' hatred of Sonny. I dread the dead-eyed look in their eyes when they will inevitably be forced to "rationalize" (good word, Lulu) what Sonny does. Kind of like that nauseous look Lisa LoCicero had on her face when Olivia prioritized the Magic Peen's welfare over that of her son.

The way Carly was looking at Jason -- it's like she had a "YOU can be the father to my children now, just like I always dreamed" sign flashing above her head. Moving back in with her soulmate, the rugrats in tow, must be like old times! How gracious of her to allow lowly Sam to look after Jocelyn while she runs to Sonny to let him know that Jax should be his next target for bullet practice. Way to go, Greatest Mother on Earth.

Just realized that Jocelyn was Lisa LoCicero's character's name on "The City." Coincidence?

• Members

LOL, Team Sam!

Sure, Sam didn't get punched or anything yesterday, but there was something a bit condescending about the way Carly "allowed" Sam to look after Jocelyn. It's not the first time she has dumped the kids on JaSam to look after. But hey. Who am I to argue with Carly and her Golden Womb?

• Members

They've actually managed to squeeze a little sympathy for Liz out of me. I felt bad for her when she stopped worrying about herself and started worrying about how the boys would feel if Lucky gave up on them too.

Overall, GH sucks right now. I hate almost every character, even the ones I normally like. Carly and her self righteous snotty behavior towards Jax makes me wish someone would smack her. Same thing with Sam. Jason wanting to kill Dante even now :mad:

Archived