GH: February 2010 Discussion Thread

• Members

Well I am totally clueless as to why GH even brought Kimberly/Robin back. Yeah ok she's a fan fave but so are Brenda, Laura, Georgie, blah blah etc. The audience loved Faith and Emily too so what. Guza doesn't write for her. I think it was all Frons just as bringing the disaster of SBr back as Claudia was all Guza. Robin hasn't had one decent story since coming back to GH and her last stint, she became the fall guy for Jason and Carly. I think her HIV status becomes a convenient way for Guza not to write for her. This story is dull as anything and if they can't write anything really soapy for Robin and Patrick, let them move to France. I loved Robin and almost can't tolerate the character anymore. Patrick is just a Robin appendage and a vapid waste of space at this point.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Initially I thought they brought back Robin to do a triangle with Jason and Sam and spice up that story, but it never happened. In retrospect, I think they brought back Robin so they could populate the hospital with a younger and familiar character and phase out Alan, Monica, and Bobbie. I don't think that Guza ever intended to do much with Robin even though she is a popular and long standing character. Yes, they cast Patrick to give her a love interest, but their badly written romance never got much airtime from jump. I suspect that the online and soap media popularity of "Scrubs" caught Guza and Phelps by surprise and they were forced to keep writing for them and Frons gave them Night Shift along with Burton. Guza does find Robin particularly useful to prop up Sonny and Jason. She is their biggest cheerleader. Whenever the two of them are in trouble, you can bet that Robin will get scenes to praise and support them. I think Robin's HIV status is an excuse not to give her another love interest besides Patrick. Guza keeps them together because it is easier and limits the amount of airtime the non-hospital characters get in any given week.

• Members

With the initial popularity of Greys there was a time I felt the show was expending more time on the hospital side of the canvas and Robin's return was part of it. BUt then after the trainwreck they did nothing with her for a couple months even not much after PAtrick showed up. But at the end of the day had they really wanted more focus on the hospital, Alan would still be around as CoS, Emily wouldn't be dead, and Georgie probably would have become a doctor or something medical related. Steven Lars Webber might have been recast. And I don't believe Reeves is anything other than recurring and never will be more i don't care what he says in the press.

And NS2 while allegedly better written, got worse ratings than 1. and like it or not, offliners to this day love Jason and Sonny. How can't they that's who the show tells us on a daily basis we are supposed to love and root for.

• Members

I keep forgetting he's on the show. He goes months without a scene. It's such a waste. They really have the building blocks in place (well, almost) to pump up the hospital side of the show, but they keep shying away from it for some reason. Now is really the time to do it with the Ward sisters coming to town. I need a reason to keep watching this show. They've really lost me with this whole cop shooting. I've never even known a police officer personally and I find this whole thing beyond disgusting.

• Members

I think it boils down to Guza hating the hospital stuff -- I can't remember any major hospital stories under his tenure, unless they involved hostage crises and toxic balls.

I'm sure if we hear about mob-run hospitals, we'll get to see that place.

• Members

I am actually SHOCKED SR was put on contract. Must mean that someone(s) are leaving. But they are probably planning to pair him with Carly.

I think what they did to Jason Cook is terrible. Almost 2 years now and nothing. And I read he had a choice to goto OLTL or GH.

• Members

I thought the last one did, but now both roles are being played be different people so who knows. I'd have to see them interact before I decide. I like Carly with Jax though. I think their marriage rehabilitated both characters. Jax had blown through too many women (all true loves) way too quickly, he'd also given up on both Skye and Brenda without a fight. His credibility as a white knight was fading fast, but with Carly he's stayed with the same person for several years and fought for his marriage.

• Members

I agree, I misspoke before. What I meant really was that while the last actor had chemistry with Tamara Braun, I just cant see it with Laura Wright. They have a much different screen prescence.

And I really dont agree about Carly and Jacks. I really hate them together...I loved them together at the beginning, but I do not anymore. In fact, I dont like the character of Jack at all. He was better when he was running through women and was a slick busniess man..NOw he is just a douche lord.

I wouldn't mind a Carly/Steven romance...I would like it...But I think Steven might end up with Robin. In thaaat case, I could see Patrick and Carly. They slept together a couple times (or at least they started too) a couple years ago, and had great chemistry back when they were friendly...Could be fun.

Archived